Has anyone successfully filed a complaint through the mail to corporate headquarters?
fshanahan

I would like to know who from these forums has successfully filed a complaint by mailing the corporate address? 

How long did the process take and what was the process?  

warm regards,

-fs

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone successfully filed a complaint through the mail to corporate headquarters?
robertcrosby
I'm just now looking into this.  My experience with Verizon has been a prolonged, agonizing nightmare.  They raised my internet rate without notifying me then billed me retroactively for several "late" payments, includings late fees.  I called and spent over an hour (literally!) on hold, and they refused to reverse the incorrect charges.  I asked them to cancel my service, giving them a cancellation date two weeks away to give myself time to change to cable internet.  Instead, they cancelled my service the next day, leaving me without internet.  I called and spent a cumulitive two hours on hold to find out their error.  They promised to turn the service back on within two days (since it was their mistake), but they never did.  It turned out the wiring in my house would not support cable internet.  After going a couple of weeks without internet (reasoning that anything was better than dealing with Verizon), I reluctantly called back to re-establish service.  I did want to order a new modem because I wanted one that would support two computers.  Verizon sent me the wrong modem, charged me for it, and still charged me for the incorrect charges on my previous account.  Talking to a human being at the company is like trying to win a radio contest.  Words simply cannot describe the level of outrage I feel toward this God-forsaken phone company.
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone successfully filed a complaint through the mail to corporate headquarters?
prisaz
Legend

Try this website. It does not seem logical to need a third party site for support, but they do listen to issues in this forum.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect 

I can say from my experience the people at Verizon do care. It seems to me that their biggest issue is lack of experienced people, or lack of knowledgable people. Just think of how much they have expanded their technology offerings and how hard it is to train and find qualified people. I think FIOS needs to have a customer support rep news bulletin that is pushed down the CSR's throats. Also a consistant format for offerings and policies would help.

I too have had billing hell. Like my package that includes Internet last March went from part of the package to monthly extra charges for Internet. I think they need to train the people on how to enter requests into the system, and program the system to prevent screw ups. Like prevent additions and charges for something that is part of some other package. A friend in Virgina had the same thing happen with his TV service. He was getting billed for TV as separate option and it is part of his package. They have always made things right for me and last time gave me a $10 discount for my troubles. I have delt with Cable companies and that is why I am dealing with Verizon.

I hope you get your issues resolved and perhaps can give Verizon a chance to make things right.

naveen2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have written to Verizon customer servie and Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission about FIOS telephone issues. Other than calls from the Escalation Department in Pittsburgh to acknowledge the receipt of my letter, the real issue is still not addressed after 3 months. I thnk class action lawsuits are the only hope for the customer now.

There may be some federal government agencies dealing with consumer related complaints. Please post any infomation you have to get the public moving.

mbwun
Enthusiast - Level 1
There is a facebook group called "Verizon Sucks"  You might find some people out there with similar bad experiences.  The customer needs to band together and start complaining with one loud voice,
ripoff

My experience today was ridiculous!  I called to dispute a billing charge and before I could even explain anything, the service rep informed me she would not be taking ANYTHING off my bill for whatever reason!  Total ignorance in customer service!  Who owns this company anyways?  We are the ones paying their salaries to treat us like crap!

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
I just want to ask 1 question is it that everyone is having a problem on the billing side or Technical side of FiOS and DSL?
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

@robertcrosby wrote:
I'm just now looking into this.  My experience with Verizon has been a prolonged, agonizing nightmare.  They raised my internet rate without notifying me then billed me retroactively for several "late" payments, includings late fees.  I called and spent over an hour (literally!) on hold, and they refused to reverse the incorrect charges.  I asked them to cancel my service, giving them a cancellation date two weeks away to give myself time to change to cable internet.  Instead, they cancelled my service the next day, leaving me without internet.  I called and spent a cumulitive two hours on hold to find out their error.  They promised to turn the service back on within two days (since it was their mistake), but they never did.  It turned out the wiring in my house would not support cable internet.  After going a couple of weeks without internet (reasoning that anything was better than dealing with Verizon), I reluctantly called back to re-establish service.  I did want to order a new modem because I wanted one that would support two computers.  Verizon sent me the wrong modem, charged me for it, and still charged me for the incorrect charges on my previous account.  Talking to a human being at the company is like trying to win a radio contest.  Words simply cannot describe the level of outrage I feel toward this God-forsaken phone company.
Robert DSL or FiOS? Also I'm a bit dumbfounded at their 2 day turn on timer if it was Fios as that in 95% of cases can be turned on within 4-6 hours.
0 Likes
dap76

Hey Techman28,

I've only had to call FiOS tech support once and I thought they were helpful.  It was billing that was a nightmare for me.  My experience was not unlike the one described above.  I gave much more detail in another post.  You guys clearly have the best product on the market, but man the service side is hurting if my experience is the norm.  I'm hoping I got the one lady with an attitude. 

0 Likes
cggpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has yet to remove erroneous charges from my bill.

In fact they are demanding that I pay it upfront, promising a "credit" later.

Yeah, right.

Just take it off!  duh