Re: Has anyone successfully filed a complaint through the mail to corporate headquarters?
cggpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry -

I HAVE sent a letter to the only address I could find for "Headquarters".

I have not received any response at all.

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone successfully filed a complaint through the mail to corporate headquarters?
prisaz
Legend

@Techman28 wrote:

@robertcrosby wrote:
I'm just now looking into this.  My experience with Verizon has been a prolonged, agonizing nightmare.  They raised my internet rate without notifying me then billed me retroactively for several "late" payments, includings late fees.  I called and spent over an hour (literally!) on hold, and they refused to reverse the incorrect charges.  I asked them to cancel my service, giving them a cancellation date two weeks away to give myself time to change to cable internet.  Instead, they cancelled my service the next day, leaving me without internet.  I called and spent a cumulitive two hours on hold to find out their error.  They promised to turn the service back on within two days (since it was their mistake), but they never did.  It turned out the wiring in my house would not support cable internet.  After going a couple of weeks without internet (reasoning that anything was better than dealing with Verizon), I reluctantly called back to re-establish service.  I did want to order a new modem because I wanted one that would support two computers.  Verizon sent me the wrong modem, charged me for it, and still charged me for the incorrect charges on my previous account.  Talking to a human being at the company is like trying to win a radio contest.  Words simply cannot describe the level of outrage I feel toward this God-forsaken phone company.
Robert DSL or FiOS? Also I'm a bit dumbfounded at their 2 day turn on timer if it was Fios as that in 95% of cases can be turned on within 4-6 hours.

Techman28

Tech support has always been pretty good once you get someone that knows. But billing has always been my issue. I will not say how good it has been lately, in hopes for it not to go bad.

0 Likes
therossroad

Would someone please list the most successful avenues for filing complaints (addresses, e-mails, numbers, etc.).  I have had a nightmare of an experience with verizon.  I HATE that nobody can take care of everything on my bill but get transferred 5 times, get disconnected, and wait for over 25 per transfer.  My time is worth the $3 extra I would pay with a competitor and I would like to make my dissatisfaction known to headquarters.  Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
plagued
Enthusiast - Level 3

A call to your local cable commision is the best way to solve any unresolved problems.

They are normally very fast, I think because VZ has to pay fines if they don't respond quickly and thoroughly with complaints lodged and recorded by the commisions.  

0 Likes
HROTT
Enthusiast - Level 2
Well, I replied with a list of addresses and phone numbers, but I guess something in the post wasn't cool.  I will attempt to suggest clicking the blue and white rectangular logo at the very bottom of this page. 
0 Likes
ptiger
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I wrote a letter last Feb. '08 to the president of Verizon Communications and copied my state's PUC.  I got a response first from the PUC saying that they contacted Verizon and advised them to respond to me within certain time frame.  I got contacted by Verizon shortly after that and they began working with me to resolve my problem.  You should always copy the Public Utility Commission on correspondence regarding complaints.

frustratedX100
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a NEW VICTIM of Verizon, billing and service....we are not going to get anywhere complaining to the head of the snake.

Does anyone know the proper way to approach our individual State Attorney Generals.  Maybe if thousands of complaints are lodged it will prompt an FCC investigation.  {please keep your posts courteous and keep it relevant}

Message Edited by KaLin on 03-23-2009 03:02 PM
0 Likes
phillyphone
Enthusiast - Level 3
Your best bet if you have a complaint about Verizon and are unable to resolve it with them is to complain to whatever government agency monitors Verizon in your area; for example here in Philadelphia it is the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (800-782-1110). Believe me they pay attention when they get complaints through these types of agencies. Also keep a record of the dates and times you called, what happened, and especially the name of the person you spoke to (assuming you could reach a person).
Feelgood
Enthusiast - Level 1
I submitted a complaint to my Better Business Bureau, and the bureau contacted Verizon and put me in touch with someone who would actually listen to me instead of reciting the standard "I can't help you" garbage. It's not a bad tactit for trying to deal with Verizon's shady customer service.
workgrl9
No, not sucessfully. I have written 2 letters and called three - four times  since November, 2008 for erroneous calls or charges. The last representative on the 4th call after being transferred a few times said and I quote "If you haven't received a credit by now; it means that we're not giving you one." So I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said I'm the only person in this office and she hung up.  So I'm writing another letter....
0 Likes