Help Me Understand
nooch
Enthusiast - Level 2

i searched around for this issue, but couldn't find anything...

i'm moving in a few days...checked fios availability at the new address...fios phone & fios internet are available, but fios tv is not.  how come?  doesn't it all go through the same "pipe"?   help me understand, please.  i don't want to give comcast any of my money...but if i'll be without tv service for a long time, i may be forced to. 

if i order the "double play" now, and then tv service becomes available, will i able to take advantage of any triple play promotions that are ongoing at the time for new customers?  i'm assuming i won't be charged an early termination fee if i upgrade from double play to triple play, is that correct?

0 Likes
Re: Help Me Understand
phinney5350
Contributor - Level 1

Call the Buss Office & ask why TV is not available. They should have the answer. Probably due to local zoning that will not let Verizon provide TV even if all comes down the same pipe. Believe me,.Verizon would love to provide you TV.

prisaz
Legend

In each area Verizon must apply for a local cable franchise. I was a double play customer until my county approved the franchise. Some areas must wait until the exclusive franchise agreement with the local cable provider expires. At that time I was treated as a New TV customer and was allowed to upgrade to the then available bundle prices. The bundle discounts are available to new customers or customers upgrading to a new service such as TV when it becomes available. My solution was to keep Directv until FIOS TV was available. There are options. But the Tripple Play Bundle has saved me money.

nooch
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks phinney and prisaz....it's not a zoning or franchise issue...i live in the same township as the new home, and i've had the triple play for ~2.5 years now.  the new home is in a new townhome development...i'm the 2nd one moving in, so maybe that has something to do with it?

good to know that ordering a double play now will still allow me to take advantage of triple play promotions later, but comcast tv would still suck.

nooch
Enthusiast - Level 2

so, i did an online chat with a verizon rep today...gave them my address...they said

"Unfortunately, we do not have a projected date for FIOS TV availability."

Smiley Sad

0 Likes