Horrible Customer Service - How Do I Escalate?
Countrysquire
Enthusiast - Level 2

Moved to a newly constructed house at the end of June which is located in a new section of an existing subdivision.  My new house is across the street from the existing section where FiOS has been available for some time.  Prior to my house being completed, Verizon installed the underground cables and vaults throughout the new section.  

Ordered new FiOS internet service on July 5th, but installation was not available until August 6th due to 'engineering work' not having been completed yet.  Saw a number of Verizon fiber trucks and trailers working in the new section throughout July.  Received a phone call on August 5th informing me that Verizon would not be able to do the install the next day because engineering work was not quite complete, but would be done by the end of August.  I was disappointed, but understood that new construction does not always go as planned.

I called customer service about once a week to check the status, but could never get a clear answer.  Apparently, when something is in engineering's hands, it is shrouded in secrecy and the customer service reps cannot garner any information.  Anyway, I finally got a new install date, October 2nd.  I was still a little skeptical, so I called the week before the install appointment to confirm that the engineering work was complete and that the installation would be done on schedule.  Customer service confirmed this for me.  I received an email confirming the installation appointment a couple days before the install date.

The installation was scheduled between 1:00 and 5:00, so I took 4 hours vacation from work to be there.  When no one had shown up by 4:00, I called customer service and was told that they couldn't check on the status until after 5:00, but I was still on the schedule and not to worry.  I called again at 5:00 since no one had shown up.  After about 20 minutes, the CSR was able to connect with dispatch through their chat system.  She came back on the phone and told me that she regretted to inform me that dispatch had no record of my order and no one would be coming.  I was shocked by this and asked to speak to a supervisor.  She said it might take an hour(!) to get one and I told her that I would wait.  After a few minutes, she came back and said it was an engineering issue and needed to talk to the fiber tech department, with which she would connect me.

After giving the same story to the tech CSR, he put me on hold and the somehow I was reconnected with the normal customer service.  For the third time, I had to go through the same story with another CSR.  Like the first two, she was very polite and tried to help the situation.  She had to reach dispatch through the chat system (I'd been on the phone for well over an hour at this point).  This time dispatch said that they had called me the day before and said that they could not do the installation yet.  Obviously, this was a lie, just like the one earlier about my order not being in the system.  I informed the CSR that my contact phone number is a Verizon Wireless cell phone and that she was welcome to check the records to see if I ever received such a call.  She was sympathetic to my plight, but said there was nothing she could do.  I asked to speak with a supervisor and she said that she'd have to go to another floor to find one.  

After about 10 more minutes, a supervisor named Shawn came on the phone.  Unlike the first three CSRs, he was very terse and obviously had no interest in doing anything to try to help.  His suggestion was that if I wasn't happy with the 'misinformation' (outright lies) that I had received earlier, that I should just cancel my order and cut my losses.  I was nearly speechless and ended the call before my anger took over.

I would like to escalate this to a higher level, but don't know where to find the contact information.  Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Horrible Customer Service - How Do I Escalate?
jowellizin71

if you find this answer please share. i am about  to pull my hair out  due to the **bleep** i have to talk to over verizons mistakes and sorry but stuppid employees

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Countrysquire,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

I've Given Up and Filed an FCC Complaint
Countrysquire
Enthusiast - Level 2

We moved into a new home in June and still do not have phone service available.  This is a new section in an existing subdivision, in a city of nearly 100,000 people, less than 10 miles from Houston.  There are now about 40 new homes with residents who still cannot get as much as telephone service, much less internet.  The cables have been in the ground since April or May, but there is still no service available.  Not having access to simple phone service is simply not acceptable.  Fortunately, none of the ~40 residents have had to need to call 911 yet or deal with some other emergency, but if that happens and there is still no available land line phone service, it will not be a good day for Verizon when the aftermath is dealt with.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Countrysquire,

Glad everything has been finally taken care of and you finally have FiOS service. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes