Horrible Customer Service In Regards To My Account When Trying To Move
ClappMJ

Has anybody else gone through this? They want to raise my Premium, as well as Renew my contract for 2 more years. I understand renewing the contract, but why the price hike? If I were a new customer I could get internet cheaper. All the Rep said was to Call Retention. I did and he just asked when I wanted to cancel, because I would have better luck with another provider. All of this after being on hold for 30min. There has to be a better/easier way???

0 Likes
Re: Horrible Customer Service In Regards To My Account When Trying To Move
Meadster711
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a Long time Verizon customer from early days of cell phone and DSL...When the service is set up and working, it's great....

any changes....I get nervous and know I need to spend some time on the phone fixing things.

As for cost -- I agree Verizon needs to realize its customer assets and take care of long time, good standing, good paying customers as well as ... if not better than a new customer "Joe" off the street giving them the best price...and not knowing if they'll even pay them on time (or at all) after giving them a 1 yr or 2 yr price break.

VIP Customer rewards Verizon -- you reallyare missing the boat.

0 Likes
Re: Horrible Customer Service In Regards To My Account When Trying To Move
keith111
Enthusiast - Level 3

Clapp, can you post a follow up message with your experience, and provide any advice?   I'm going through a very similar decision process, and I'm trying to prepare for the cut off. There is no information on the Verizon website about how to cancel service.   From what I'm reading in the forums, the forced phone call process is a nightmare. 

And if there are any Verizon moderators available to help, I need a firm link on your website where I can open an official support ticket, and/or formally schedule the service cut off for a specific date in March.  Here's why.

Verizon is scheduled to increase my monthly bill by $25, from 89.99 a month to $114.99 around mid-March. I've reached out to Verizon in 2 chats to lock in for another year at $89.99, and I've been told there's nothing they will do.  Having been a Comcast customer for some 18 years prior to joining Verizon last year, the line and connection is already in my home, so come March 15, I'm making the switch back to Comcast for $79.99 a month. 

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

0 Likes