Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

How do I connect a Game Console (Wii) with FIOS TV

semirgmj
Contributor
Contributor

How do I connect a Game Console (Wii) with FIOS TV

Message 1 of 3
(12,326 Views)

How do I connect a Wii game console when I have FIOS?  I have a Samsung HD TV to which my FIOS DVR (QIP6426-2) set top box is connected using the component cables (RGB). On this TV, the only component cable inputs are also the only AV (yellow/white/red) cable inputs.  HDMI or DVI are the only other options for external connection.  The Wii game console comes with the AV cable.

The AV connections on the front and back of the DVR set top box do not appear to work.  If they do work, I am not able to determine how to get to the signal from the Wii game console to the TV.

I would appreciate assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
tns
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: How do I connect a Game Console (Wii) with FIOS TV

Message 2 of 3
(12,300 Views)

You cannot connect it through the fios BOX.  The fiox box does not support any ohter inputs.

Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: How do I connect a Game Console (Wii) with FIOS TV

Message 3 of 3
(12,205 Views)
The composite ports you see on the STB are only outputs. They don't do inputs. What I would consider doing here, is moving your Set Top Box to use an HDMI connection. You can get the cables off of Monoprice.com for literally a dollar or two (avoid the Monster Cable stuff, overpriced) and from there that will free up the Component/Composite input on your TV.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title