How do I connect a Game Console (Wii) with FIOS TV
semirgmj

How do I connect a Wii game console when I have FIOS?  I have a Samsung HD TV to which my FIOS DVR (QIP6426-2) set top box is connected using the component cables (RGB). On this TV, the only component cable inputs are also the only AV (yellow/white/red) cable inputs.  HDMI or DVI are the only other options for external connection.  The Wii game console comes with the AV cable.

The AV connections on the front and back of the DVR set top box do not appear to work.  If they do work, I am not able to determine how to get to the signal from the Wii game console to the TV.

I would appreciate assistance.

0 Likes
Re: How do I connect a Game Console (Wii) with FIOS TV
tns
Master - Level 2

You cannot connect it through the fios BOX.  The fiox box does not support any ohter inputs.

0 Likes
Re: How do I connect a Game Console (Wii) with FIOS TV
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
The composite ports you see on the STB are only outputs. They don't do inputs. What I would consider doing here, is moving your Set Top Box to use an HDMI connection. You can get the cables off of Monoprice.com for literally a dollar or two (avoid the Monster Cable stuff, overpriced) and from there that will free up the Component/Composite input on your TV.
0 Likes