how do I get out of this service?
rgs789

I attempted to switch from my cable to verizon online. A mistake it turns out. I was asked to call a 800 number to "verify my credit". So I called and the lady said I was all set about 5 minutes but was going to transfer me to someone else who would give me the install date. She said she would stay on but could get disconnected.And wouldn't you believe it, she got disconnected.

So a new rep comes on after a good 5-6 minute delay, asks me what she can help me with. I explain to her that I just got over the credit hurdle and she tells me that my install should be on 29 of Aug (after a few questions). She puts me on hold and the next thing I know, either she hung up on up or somehow managed to disconnect me.

I give her 5 minutes thinking she will call me (yes, she had my phone number since she marked it as being transfering the number). After 5 minutes I call back, now I get slightly a fiestier (dare I say rude?) rep comes on; tells me that my credit is not done and she needs to "transfer" me.

By now good 20-25 minutes have passed and I have had it. I explain to her the sequence from above and she says, "What do you want me to do? Your file says it is not done yet". I tell her that I done with being transferred (never mind the useless automation that they try on you), getting dropped/hung up on, I am not going through this again. So she says, "What do you want to do?". And I tell her, forget the whole thing, please cancel this order and let's move on.

Get this, she says, hold on let me transfer you to someone else. And this point, I said thank you very much and hung up. I tried sending Verizon an email (verizonorders@email.click.verizon.net) asking them to cancel this. I am yet to hear back after 2 days.

Is there an easy way of getting out of this? Thanks

0 Likes
Re: how do I get out of this service?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
XanderZane
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ElizabethS wrote:

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:

Uummm.. wasn't she talking to customer service all that time and she kept getting hung up on over and over again. Why would anyone want to call them back? She can try live chat I guess. Maybe that will be better. It seems Verison's home phone service isn't that great. I've only been on this forum for about 20 mins and I've already read several complaints about dropped calls and hang ups. Not good.

rgs789

I would loath to call them back. The few times I have tried, they have been pretty consistent. Consistently bad that is.

0 Likes
sparkie
Enthusiast - Level 2

ElizabethS wrote:

Looks to me like he's looking for help.

0 Likes
sparkie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Though no help at all you got transfered to other reps. I was simply told " I can't help you".

I suggest you contact the BBB

pl626
Contributor - Level 1

@rgs789 wrote:

I would loath to call them back. The few times I have tried, they have been pretty consistent. Consistently bad that is.

I know how you feel.  You should call the BBB, but you can also contact their investor relations office.  I don't think I can post any e-mail addresses, but you can get them from their website:

It's an absolute shame that consumers have to go through this much effort just to get resolution.  The sad reality is the competition isn't much better.