I'm being charged the monthly fee for the internet security virus but never installed it!
gigi1023
I'm being charged every month $7.99 for the internet security but I never downloaded or installed it.  I know it sounds silly but my old computer had virus protection and then when that computer broke I bought a new computer and was running off a free trial of Norton and never thought much about Verizon's until Norton was up today...I went to Verizon and it prompted me to order it...hence they would charge me monthly and knowing Verizon they would most likely double bill me and take forever to resolve it.  Any advice or link that will allow me to download? If they are able to view my services they will see I am paying for the service.  Thank you!
0 Likes
Re: I'm being charged the monthly fee for the internet security virus but never installed it!
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
Somewhere during the installation you may have accidentally hit the "I accept", user agreement for the security package...Call the Dsl business office and have them remove it from your bill.
0 Likes
Re: I'm being charged the monthly fee for the internet security virus but never installed it!
wretch0

I too was paying for the internet security with verizon,and it is a nice set up and worth the cost if you do a lot of internet business or work on the internet. It has a continuous update on new viruses or recent fraud or scam alerts. I have already though a nice compaq laptop that has a H.P. Security  sweep and updates and can be updated on their site. I simply called Verizon and they gladly removed this from my site as well as the file back up which I did not need.Sometimes you have to call a few times until you get the kind of service person that can help you' I take into perspective that this all new to Verizon also and they are learning as they go as well and sometimes they cannot get the service reps they need to keep up with the mass amount of calls coming in as well as techs that know  in an expert way how to handle things . I feel confident Verizon will get better in time in the service area despite the bad experiences some have had because Verizon has the best out there as far as products and service. I have myself had my anger moments but in reality I have to realize it"s me and not all Verizon's fault. I encourage you to call and ask questions until all your needs are met. All service companies are a learning experience no matter who you deal with. Always do your homework and take notes. Rich.

0 Likes