Immaturity of Verizon's service
RobH21
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just wanted to get on my soap box for a minute. I called Verizon yesterday morning to remove my telephone service from my bundle because I no longer use it. The rep (who I now know had no clue what she was doing) re-bundled me under a 2 bundle service for TV and Internet. Later in the day I get an email confirmation with a price completely different than what she quoted me on the phone. Additionally, several of the channels I had are no longer available. None of these changes were discussed or divulged to me on the phone with the rep.

When I called back to get this corrected the new rep tells me that since it is in there system as  "pending order" there is nothing she can do to correct it until the orders process. She says she will correct the errors the next day (today) and call me when it is done. By 4:00 p.m. I had no call back or correction to the issue. I called customer support and they had no clue what I was talking about. After several minutes on the phone with yet another rep she tells me the same thing. She can't do anything to fix the problem until the "pending orders" have cleared. She says she will stay with it but it may take several days until it gets fixed.

I can certainly live without the Biography and NFL channels for a few days but this seems like a really bad way to run your customer service. Verizon seems to have broken into the TV/Internet business without really having a clue what they were getting into. Besides the extreme amount of technical red tape it takes to correct a problem, their TV service reminds me of everytime a new cable company started working. They constantly cut commercials in half due to inserrting their own FIOS commercials and attempting to go back and forth from their programming to whatever the network is broadcasting. I don't care about the commercials, but the constant cut-offs are annoying and sometimes give me headaches from the frustration.

Verizon, you should have done more homework on what it takes to provide good residential service and how to make all 3 of your service divisions (TV/Internet/Phone) work as one cohesive unit to the consumer. All I see if 3 different companies attempting to look like a single company but not being able to talk to each other in an efficient way. And don't let me get started on your billing system - check the internet get one amount due, call customer service get a different amount due, wow!

Re: Immaturity of Verizon's service
mhicks10
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have run into the same issues here. It woulod appear as though they are programmed to hand you off to another phone number and thats about it or as is the case most of the time, they act like it is the customer who is wrong or out of their mind. Our order and subsequent service has been jacked up from the word go. I amazed Verizon stays in business with these practices...Can you hear me now indeed!