Insane hoops jumped through for gift card promo
Absurd1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Upgraded to gigabit, waited the 60 days the rep said and nothing.  Messaged support and they said 65.  Waited 65 and got the "redeem now" email, which provided me with a dead link.  Messages support, they said try in 24-48 hours.  Waited 2 days, dead link.  Messaged support, they gave me a phone number for redemption support.  Called the line, got a "you have called redemption support" recorded greeting that sounded like it was recorded in a restaurant, followed by a notice that "due to circumstances beyond their control" the line isn't working.  Called support, they have escalated the issue, and a card will be mailed within 10 days.  

All of these hurdles are 100% intentional, including the dead links and bad phone number.  I see several others posting here with the same complaints.   

If you're thinking of upgrading because of a promo, factor in 2-3 hours of your life into the "con" category.  The steps Verizon is taking to prevent people from redeeming these cards are so transparent it'd be laughable if it wasn't already infuriating.  

Tags (3)
Re: Insane hoops jumped through for promo
Absurd1
Enthusiast - Level 2

PS: looking forward to talking to a manager in 11 days!

A shame that the bentley-driving ________ who made the choice to insert the hurdles is 1,000% insulated from the frustration this is causing me and apparently many, many others.  Shopping around for a new ISP.

Re: Insane hoops jumped through for gift card promo
Absurd1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just scanning through the forum and bit and WOW there is a LOT of this going on.

Re: Insane hoops jumped through for gift card promo
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Absurd,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes