Is anyone else totally fed up with Verizon service and support?
GregPandolfo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Internet and phone went down on Thursday.  Called support and spent 1 1/2 hours between hold and speaking with a support rep.  I was told that there was a severe outage on the phone lines, but internet should be working.  After going through series of diagnostics and getting network group involved, the service rep determined that I needed a home visit.  We scheduled it for the next day (Friday).  Over night, I get a text that my problem was solved and service visit was cancelled. Woke up Friday, had internet and phone.  On Saturday, didn't have internet or phone.  Called Sunday morning (still no service) and after being on hold and going through diagnostics, was told earliest appointment was on Tuesday.  I made the appointment.  Later Sunday, I got a text that my service issue was fixed.  It wasn't, so I called again to make sure that they didn't cancel my service call.  After waiting an hour on hold, I was told that there was no record of my earlier issues and that the earlier service reps couldn't give me an appointment because there was a total outage in the area (there wasn't.  Others in our neighborhood had service).  So I made another appointment for Tuesday.  That call took about an hour after being on hold for an hour.  Monday morning, we have our services, but I don't get a cancellation of the service visit. The first service rep mentioned an issue with my ONT, so I figured it would still need to be looked at I was expecting someone here Tuesday morning.  I went online this morning to get a status on my service ticket and there are none listed.  I am not sure if the next rain storm will shut me down again.  No call, no follow up, no regard for the time spent down (rates should be prorated for the 3 days I didn't have service).  Between the three calls I made, it felt like I was speaking to a different company with a different story every time.  I will be looking into alternative options for TV, Internet and phone.  That is a shame, because I was one of the first FIOS customers in my neighborhood.  The only good thing is that I get some satisfaction in filling out the surveys they send after a call.  No stars for you, Verizon!

0 Likes
Re: Is anyone else totally fed up with Verizon service and support?
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi GregPandolfo,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes