Issues with: Customer Service, Promotions, Not receiving emails.
gta10ptsMF

I am not sure what thread to post this in. I have called verizon to try and get some resolution but that did not work out. A couple of days ago I called to ask when I would receive my visa gift card promised to me when I signed my two year agreement contract (Sept. 2012). The first rep I spoke to, Crystal, said I did not have any promotions offered to me because I had a month to month to contract. I told her, I had a 2 year contract because that is why I was offered the promotions (a choice between a $300 gift card or multi dvr for my whole house). She told me I was very mistaken, it was a month to month, and I was only calling to lie, tell her whatever I want and get a $100 gift card. I asked repeatedly to speak to someone else but she would not transfer me. Finally, after arguing with me, laughing at me, being extremely rude and telling me I was completely wrong, she put me on hold for over 15 minutes. I hung up, called back and spoke to Pam. I told Pam, yes, I want my gift card I was promised, but why would Verizon put me on a month to month without my consent? If I knew I was on a month to month I would have canceled a long time ago. She got me over to a supervisor named Mable. Mable, after arguing with me also, somehow realized I was right. After 2 hours of this finally someone didn't accuse me of lying. But then says that I don't qualify anyway because I didn't pay my bill on time. I told her I did, but maybe they have it wrong because I changed the date my bill was due. On top of the fact that they said they had emailed me things to explain my bill, plan, etc but I never received them. I asked her why the rules weren't explained over the phone and she says its because it was sent in an email. I told her, I have every single email I received from Verizon (I archive bills and such) and I never received one explaining my bill or the rules of the promotion. She told me that it basically was not her problem and there was nothing she could do. So after 2-3 hours of being told I was lying for $100, being laughed at, being yelled at, being put on hold, there was nothing they could do. After a year of paying them my hard earned money thinking I had done my part, there was nothing they could do. This was all done in such good faith. I just wanted to understand why I didn't receive my gift card, and now I am being told its because I chose to not read an email I NEVER RECEIVED. I am not a dishonest person, I did not deserve to get spoken to that way. And it is not my fault verizon has messed up notes and incorrect information. That incorrect information could include an incorrect email address because the only time I received emails from them was when I went to paperless billing. I am very frustrated. And saddened by the amount of disrespect I was treated with. I expected more from verizon, but all they did was trick me into getting their services, not stand by their word, not give the information I needed, and then allowed their customer service reps to talk down to me and say whatever they want. I am very frustrated and feel they should at least have handled the situation better. It is not fair that because of their mistake I didn't receive what I was promised. And what I had to go through over the phone with them is not right. Something needs to be done about this.

0 Likes
Re: Issues with: Customer Service, Promotions, Not receiving emails.
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Issues with: Customer Service, Promotions, Not receiving emails.
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

gta10ptsMF, we haven't had any responses from you concerning our requests for more information about your issue or account, and as such have closed your Private Support Case. If you have any other questions feel free to make a new post and we will be happy to assist.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes