Low Hanging wire on central street
KellyGR

We are on a central avenue and Verizon was supposed to stop by this AM and restring our FiOS cable. Our next door  neighbor's fios cable was snugged by a truck yesterday AM and the metal  bracket hit my car in the driveway like a bungee rope. His siding is now ruined https://photos.app.goo.gl/rGicIZ7EMUtbi1zv2.

We spent 30 minutes on the phone today just to tell us they are not coming without any warranty they will show up tomorrow. My husband had to climb onto a ladder and use a painters pole to pull the fios cable over the electric service cable so that it doesn't get snagged. It is still attached on the other side but seems the junction box was damaged.

We saw at least 2 Verizon trucks passing from the area without caring to take a look. The fire department truck stopped about 1 hour ago a took a photo of the pole.

0 Likes
Low Hanging wire and Verizon no show for 3rd day
KellyGR

We still have the issue with the low hanging FIOS wire and the Verizon hasnt shown up for the 3rd Day.

Apparently Verizon doesn't give a dime about potential wire hazards. Our neighbors FIOS cable got snagged and caused about $2,500 worth of damage from stripped siding broken edge trim. We don't want this to also happen to us. Does anybody have any recomendations?

We are very dissatisfied with the followup/ticketing system. I think we will see if we can switch service to a different service when our 2 year promo ends in September.

0 Likes
Re: Low Hanging wire on central street
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes