May I make a suggestion, i.e. when calling for a Verizon tech to come to your house?
questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

There was one particular post that I was going to respond to but I can't find it now but it's a problem I've seen posted several times.  I have no doubt that it's frustrating to wait home the whole day for a Verizon tech to come to the house, only to find that this tech never bothers to call or show up.  There is never any excuse for that type of behavior.

In my past experience however, I never settled for an 8 hour time frame from 9AM-5PM because if you ask me, that's an unreasonable expectation for any customer.  We all have our lives to live and things to do and I know that I never have the time to wait the whole day just for that.  Speak up for yourself.  If in the future you are initially given an all day time frame like that, ask if for a 4 hour time frame like 8AM-12PM or 1PM-5PM and mention that you are busy and that you have things to do.  Whenever I requested that, it was always granted to me and the Verizon tech always showed up during that time frame.

Re: May I make a suggestion, i.e. when calling for a Verizon tech to come to your house?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

There are some days they know they have more techs to do jobs, but no specific time slots. Those are the ones that get signed up as an all day appointment. If the system shows us an all day apopintment, its because there are no specific time slots available. If one is requested, alot of times it will force the appointment to be moved out by one day. Just depends on the person whether they would rather have it a day earlier as an all day appointment or the following day as a smaller windows. Just wanted to let you know both sides of the coin.

0 Likes
Re: May I make a suggestion, i.e. when calling for a Verizon tech to come to your house?
questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

Like I said....who has time for an all day appointment?  I know I don't and frankly for myself, I could care less if that means pushing the appointment back by one day because that never makes a difference in my case.  I was responding to several posts I have read here from people who already waited the entire day for nothing because their assigned tech never bothered to show up and my point is that whenever I requested a time frame, that never happened.  Don't you think that says something?  And speaking of which, what explanation do you give to people who already settled for an "all day" time frame only for their assigned techs to never bother showing up?  That's a problem. 

I'm sorry but an "all day appointment" is unreasonable for anybody and I think that's a mistake from a customer service perspective.  If you ask me, that only gives someone more room to take advantage by not bothering to show up and to not stick with a schedule.  I don't have time for that and I personally don't know of anyone who does.  I have things to do and in all reality, why on earth would I want to tell a Verizon tech to literally come anytime while I wait around the entire day and put everything else on hold?  That's the problem when we're working and have responsibilities with limited time available.  There should be a time frame set up to begin with so we can all plan our day around that, plain and simple.  Asking a customer to wait the whole day just for that is unrealistic and shows a lack of courtesy, I am sorry.  Whenever I'm expecting a delivery of furniture, I'm never asked or given the "option" of waiting the entire day for that. 

So whatever this is about having no specific time slots available, I'm not buying it because with all due respect, it's impractical.

Don't get me wrong.  Verizon Fios is a good product but that is my opinion and I'm not finding your explanation to be very convincing.