Need an explanation
doyouevencare

I have been a Fios customer for 2 years and my bill has gone up over $25 a month since the initial agreement expired. I called customer service and was offered a payment that is $10 over my previous bill (before taxes), which was better than what was offered online.  The customer service rep I spoke to was less than helpful and impolite.  

What I do not understand is why a LOYAL customer would not be offered the same pricing that new to Verizon customers are? I am more than willing to renew for 2 more years, as I like the TV and Internet service.  However I am not willing to pay over $30 more per month than someone signing up for Fios as a new customer.  Please have someone that is willing to help contact me.  Otherwise I will cancel my service and Verizon will not get any more of my money.

Let's see if you actually care about your customers.

0 Likes
Re: Need an explanation
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer-to-peer forum.  This means you're talking to other Verizon customers here.  In other words, your singing to the choir.

If you want a response from Verizon, you need to contact them directly.  Verizon will not contact you as a result of posting anything here (including cancellation threats).  Occasionally, a Verizon moderator will escalate a message here to customer support.  At that point, you'll be talking to the same group of people you get when you call or chat Verizon.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
reenh

i have had the same problem with them.....been a customer for years and my bill keeps going up like every year or just randomly...its just happened recently actually they raised the price of fios prime HD up $10.00 more out of nowhere without even notifying me.... i have brought these issue to their attention before and they have said its just the way cable companies work that prices are always going up because of things changing...it totally sucks though but i noticed every cable company does it...i have had dish network and direct tv they both kept raising my bill also....

0 Likes
jsk22
Enthusiast - Level 3

You have to read the fine print in your contracts.  Verizon will give you a really cheap price for one month, increase the price by $10 the next month and increase it again by $10 in one year and again by $10 in the second year.  You could call and see if you could negotiate a steady price for two years.

Unfortunately, Verizon and all other TV providers are being squeezed by local channels and the cable channels and they have to be the bad guys and pass the costs onto the consumer.

0 Likes