Net Neutrality to be violated by Verizon.
vumadave
Enthusiast - Level 1

It would be interesting if CEO Ivan G. Seidenberg gets wind of any of our comments.  However, I am only a Verizon customer

of not much worth to him.  Yet, I am distressed to learn that Verizon and Google are about to violate the principle of Net Neutrality.

If they do enact a multi-tiered system, where the more you pay, the better access you have  to the Internet, I my family will remove contact with Verizon.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Net Neutrality to be violated by Verizon.
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Gotta go with somegirl on this one.  I wrote a post on this topic elsewhere on this forum explaining Net Neutrality and what the discussions going on really meant (let's just say, as usual, the non-technical types doing some of the reporting on this topic in the press are once again engaging in "gotcha" journalism without getting all the facts straight).

View solution in original post

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Cite your source, please.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@somegirl wrote:

Cite your source, please.

Here is one link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/05/technology/05secret.html?hpw

Keller, TX 76248

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I'm much more in favor of official statements:

http://googlepublicpolicy.blogspot.com/2010/08/joint-policy-proposal-for-open-internet.html

An excerpt, for you:

Importantly, this new nondiscrimination principle includes a presumption against prioritization of Internet traffic - including paid prioritization. So, in addition to not blocking or degrading of Internet content and applications, wireline broadband providers also could not favor particular Internet traffic over other traffic. 

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Gotta go with somegirl on this one.  I wrote a post on this topic elsewhere on this forum explaining Net Neutrality and what the discussions going on really meant (let's just say, as usual, the non-technical types doing some of the reporting on this topic in the press are once again engaging in "gotcha" journalism without getting all the facts straight).

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes