Never Received My Deposit Back
jsciab
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had to change the name on my account with Verizon as I was moving out of a shared house and a roommate was taking over.  Unfortunately, Verizon is incapable of simply changing the name on the account so they had to cancel my service and restart it on my roommates name.  This was back in December.  I have called every month to get my deposit back and been transferred between customer service and the financial department.  Neither department deals with getting deposits back so I kept getting thrown back and forth.  I'm pretty sure there is no department that customers can call for deposits.  I finally got a supervisor on the line who informed me that there was no record of my deposit after I had spoken to representatives for months telling me that I was set to get it back a few weeks after each call.  The supervisor asked me to send my bank statement that had the deposit on it 2 weeks ago.  I did so through fax because apparently Verizon does not do email.  I asked numerous times for a number for me to call to get to that supervisor if I didn't see the money back.  There is no direct number for the different departments or employees, she just said that I had to wait for her to call me back.  It has now been 2 weeks and I have not heard back.  Is there someone who has had a similar issue that knows of a person I can speak with directly, or email so there is a trail to point to when I inevitably don't get my deposit back for a while?  If anyone at Verizon can message me for this also, that would be greatly appreciated.  I honestly cannot believe it has taken this long, but after reading others on this board, I am less suprised.

Re: Never Received My Deposit Back
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jsciab,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad we could assist in getting you your refund after closing your account with us.

Should you need anything or have any future questions, please feel free to make a new post here on the Forums, and we'll be sure to have it addressed.

We're available around the clock for support.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

Ricardo637

0 Likes