New Install
Dbrianp1

I had a recent install (yesterday) and there are so many problems that I dread calling customer service.  Half of the problems were due to incorrect information they gave me before the install.

0 Likes
Re: New Install
Dbrianp1

Basically, I was told that there was no wiring/cabling needed to deliver the service to my house. That it was delivered by Verizon to my router wirelessly.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Dbrianp wrote:

Basically, I was told that there was no wiring/cabling needed to deliver the service to my house. That it was delivered by Verizon to my router wirelessly.

Yes that is 100% incorrect. A fiber is ran from the pole to a unit called an ONT. The ONT then converts the signal to coax for the video and ethernet for you internet connection. The rep might have been confused about a 5G installation which in that case would be correct, but 5G is very limited. 
Now all that aside, what is the actual problems you are having? 

0 Likes
Dbrianp1

That is 0 percent correct. "A fiber is ran from the pole" to my house is not wireless.  I was told (quoting screenshots of my chat)  "It'll be connected  wireless and the service is turned on directly from the Verizon Central Office..."  My response: "So, you're saying that the service is broadcast to my house wirelessy?"  Their response: "Yes absolutely!"

In any event, I was also told (in a different chat) that my smart tv's would not need boxes, only cards.  They asked for the models, I told them and they confirmed no boxes needed.  Boxes were, in fact, needed.  Plus cards, so my monthly bill went up $11 before I even had service.

The tech gave no instructions of any kind.  How to work the remotes or how to use the DVR.  Where to find a TV guide woud be nice considering non-smart TV's don't have on-screen guides.

Aside from the preordering conversations and installation there are issues.  If traditional TV's can't tune in to HD channels, and are supposed to get black screens (sometines with sound) it would be good to know before we think we have a problem.  Ony one TV seems to be working properly.  It's getting all the channels.  An identical TV (installed with box and card) can not get any of the HD channels.  So, I'm guessing it wasn't set up right.  Finally, the DVR isn't set up.  On the TV that's supposed to have the DVR it wants us to subscribe to it.  That's it.  At least all that comes to mind right now.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STBs do you have?

For the TVs not working, how are they wired to STB?
I assume they are HD TVs?

0 Likes