No help on Driveway Repair Fiber Optics
chance

A few years ago fiber optics was brought into the neighborhood where I live. They had to go under my driveway and through my yard. I was told that the would repair everything they damaged. Well they did not! They patched it and then left I have tried numerous times over the years on some level to get my driveway back to the way it was before they jacked it up. I have even written to the guy that runs the company and so far no answer. L sent him some nice colored 4X6 glossy of the nice big crack in my driveway. They not only did this to me but several others in the neighborhood. I was told that this was industry standard. I was even told at one time that they would replace my driveway. Didn't happen! I am about to call my lawyer  concerning this matter. I will though write one more time to the coo with photo's and see if he will give a response this time.

I have been a faithful customer for many years and this is what I get. I must pay them about 400 a month. No they are not always there for you unless they want your money.

What I would like is to hear from people with the same problem, maybe in numbers we can get the big company to respond to the customers they say they love so much.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: No help on Driveway Repair Fiber Optics
dwshea

I had the exact same problem. The contractor (Comcas*) came out one day and tunneled under my driveway to install cable TV. This was a few years ago. I didn't notice anything wrong with my driveway for several months. Then came a crack exactly where the cable was buried. At this point, it was worthless to complain since so much time had lapsed. About a year later, they were there to re-do the same thing again. This time, within weeks, the crack began to get larger. Right now, it's about a 3/8" crack right where the 'hump' is, sort of like a mini speed bump running across the entire width of the driveway. My driveway is almost 30 years old and has cracks elsewhere and it's sinking, so fixing the hump won't solve the other issues. I have been reading posts from people over the last year and decided it's really not worth the time and effort to get this fixed by the contractor, because, it probably won't ever happen in most cases. As a matter of fact, I'm getting the whole thing replaced (and widened to accommodate a third car) at my expense in three days. By the way, I have FIOS and love it!!

0 Likes