No money on Verizon rebate card when received-no help from CITI or Verizon
Bgall

I received my Verizon rebate card for $100 on or about january 10. When i went to use it on January 17 it was rejected. When i contacted CITI who handles the card processing they told me it was used for a cash adveance on Jan 8 in Rochester NY.

I live in NH and was not even in the state of NY.  When i contacted HSBC, bank money drawn from, they had no record of such a withdrawal.  So after going back and forth with Verizon\HSBC\CITI for 2 days I am no further along because none of  them want to man up and say something happened and it had nothing to do with me.  So if you get a rebate card from Verizon use it immediatley because it may not be there if you wait a few days

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: No money on Verizon rebate card when received-no help from CITI or Verizon
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

You might be interested in this post. It seems that there may be a way to file a fraud claim with Citibank.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
pltrumpkid

Hi.  I received my Citibank card on Dec. 17, but was out of town for the holidays, and did not open my mail until Jan. 4, 2009, when I was back from Christmas vacation.  When I went to use it, I couldn't.  I called Citibank, too, and asked them about the transaction.  They couldn't tell me any information, other than what I saw on my transaction screen.  The name of the "transaction"?  CAFE NAMSAN in LOS ANGELES, CA, on January 15, 2010.  This is a  bunch of crap because the amount was $77.92 cents.  I called VZW Rebate and they said I needed to have a notarized affidavit and that Citibank would resolve it in 45-60 days.  If it was valid, then they would credit the money back to my account.  The only question I have is, "How in the hell does someone use this card when I live in Portland, Oregon?"  I wasn't even in Los Angeles, during that time.  And why doesn't VZW do anything about it?  It **bleep** me off, but it's really good to know I'm not alone in this...

0 Likes
sierrajinx9
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are not the only one! A Friend of mine got his REBATE card in the mail, it was DENIED, CITI said HE used his card in CALI for $99.95 at a San Francisco Best Buy, yet he lives in NEW YORK and can PROVE via Call Records and such that he was NOT IN CALI on said day to make said purchase, but CITI is of course giving him the RUN AROUND telling him he needs to file forms and paperwork and **bleep**! Yet Verizon will not even DEAL with the matter!