Not a New Customer? Not valued at Fios.
joker211
Contributor - Level 1

Not a New Customer?  Not valued at Fios.

My one year guarantee is over with Verizon.  My history within this year is not a pleasant one.   Many promises from Fios never came true.  When I make a deal I stick to it.  I guess the same does not apply to Fios.  When I renewed for this last year.  Fios promised to keep my price and added 25/25 internet which I got right away while on the phone.  I thought that was great.  Then I found out the supervisor I spoke with never put in the system the price agreed to.  I called a couple of weeks later only to find out she was gone from Fios.  She did put in notes on what she was going to do.  Yet, Fios could not change the computer.  So each month they promised to manually credit me.  Turned out I had to call every other month and fight for the credit.  Just a waste of my time. Also why does it take 30 minutes to over 1 hour to get someone on the phone?  This is just one example of the confusion over at Fios.

Renewal Issues:

After some hesitation.  I decided to renew since it is a hassle to switch back to cablevision, but it looks like I have to do it after all

So my latest debacle is I was told I am not a NEW customer.  For this privilege My bill is getting raised $394.85 per year and they want me to lock in with a 2 year contract.  Although I am willing to do a 2 year contract.  Just so I do not have to deal with billing mistakes like the past . I am not willing to pay $32.85 more per month. 

I explained from a customer perspective.  This is a really bad paradigm that does not foster loyalty. It fosters customers going back and forth from one cable company to the other.  Just to get a reasonable rate.  I also explained that cablevision did offer me the NEW customer rate to comeback with a free DVR for a year.  I was then told to leave for 6 months and then come back to get the NEW customer rate.  I was also told that Fios was the better service and that is why I am getting a raise.  Although Fios has a better picture. Fios does not have a 4 to 6 turner DVR.  That is a big deal for us.  Fios has promised the new media center for years.  Cablevision does have the ability to record 4 shows at once. To state that fios has better service is not 100% accurate. Not to mention the poor customer service.  I stayed with Fios in spite of the poor customer service. 

I do not know about you guys, but I have received a 100 ads from fios.  Showing deals.  If I do not qualify for them. Why send me the ads in the first place? I do not like the feeling of not being valued just because I am not new.  Do I not deserve to save money?  Do I deserve to be told to leave? 

Fios might have the better quality picture, but their customer service is surely lacking. I know I am not the only one that feels this way.  Just look at this board.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not a New Customer? Not valued at Fios.
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have not heard back from you with any further issues. Please let us know if you need anything more.

Josh B

0 Likes