not happy with fios install during remodel
avemaria92
Contributor - Level 1

I was told to send this message to support on Facebook but i'll be darned if i can figure out how to actually do that as this is probably the most frustrating website i've come across to actually get help..

so here it is

Hello,

I was asked to send this post into a private message..

not happy with the Verizon tech's work today.. we're remodeling where we converted our garage into two extra bedrooms.. the tech explained that verizon installers aren't allowed to go up into the attic.. because he couldn't see over our a/c duct to use his long fishing pole hook he wouldn't go up there to install our cables in our two new rooms.. it would have been no more than 8 feet from the roof access door and there is a roof cross board to hold onto as well.. everyone else we've had work on this job so far has gone up there for some reason or other.. but the fios installer wouldn't.. so our cable outlets are literally one foot from the door entry to each room.. an eyesore where we have to run cable across the floor to the center of the room where we wanted them.. a mere 8 feet into the room.. he also wouldn't run a cable into our living room where it was initially put... (by fios installers who actually went up in the attic no problem a few years ago).. so we had to hook up our wireless router and put it behind our living room tv.. if i would have known he'd be such a wimp about going into the attic, and if i knew he'd put the cable outlets so close to the door, i would have gone up there myself and done his job for him.. but it was too late as he had the hole in the newly finished and textured walls before i noticed what he was doing.. who installs a cable outlet so close to the entry of a room instead of the center??? now if i want it done right i have to do it myself and cover over the holes he cut out of our primed and textured for paint walls.. so ticked off right now.

I attached photos showing how close to the doors the new connections are.. also a picture of our original living room cable hanging down by its original position where we now have an opening into the former garage.. we hoped to move it over beside the opening and have an outlet there.. but he said he can't reach the wall... you can see the ceiling access door in the background and how close it is to this cable he said he couldn't reach and also the doors right beside it.

I guess i'll include address when i actually get an email i can send it to..

imageimage

0 Likes
Re: not happy with fios install during remodel
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi avemaria92,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

avemaria92,

We closed your private support case, due to you no longer responding. Please make a new post anytime you need help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello avemaria92,

Due to no response we will close the private thread. If you still need assistance please let us know in a new public post.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes
avemaria92
Contributor - Level 1

Hello,

As mentioned above, we had trouble with the tech that came to our home on  Oct. 5th. who refused to go into our attic to route the cables..  I had concerns about being charged by the replacement tech that was sent without my requesting.  A charge wasn't noticed on our bill until a month later.  I was under the impression we wouldn't be charged for the first call due to the technician putting the cable holes in the wrong place, requiring us to pay to have them fixed.. but the charge showed up anyhow for his 'work'..  

10/5 Technician Visit Fee 89.99

I realize a private thread may have to be created for further info..

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

We have reopened the case. Please keep all correspondence on the private board.

0 Likes