Old Email being used for Order confirmations.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just a curiosity that I wonder if anyone else has encountered.  For my recent upgrade order to VMS, Verizon sent its what nextinfo and shipping information to the email that I was using before the FIOS installation to my current home.  I also had them use this email address when I previously had to replace a 6xxx box with a 7xxx box in order to receive some mpeg-4 channels.

Both times I called when I found an email in my old account (not closed yet).  Neither time could they locate where the old email address was so they could update it.  This time they did get the emails resent with the correct address, but who knows what will happen next time.

0 Likes
Re: Old Email being used for Order confirmations.
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

When you first signed up for Fios and created a Verizon account they ask for your email address. I bet that is where they got your old email address from.

0 Likes
Re: Old Email being used for Order confirmations.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Telcoguru wrote:

When you first signed up for Fios and created a Verizon account they ask for your email address. I bet that is where they got your old email address from.

NO, but only because I was forced to Call them.  I was in a NY  and the system wouldn't let me open a FL FIOS account.  Probably they did ask me for a email at the time I called.  Once they gave me the order #  and I actually logged on it was to create a new account with a new email. However nothing in my account currently show the old email, and as I said support doesn't see any place where its entered to correct it.

I have to guess that this might be a problem others have had.

0 Likes