Online account incorrect, agents are clueless
palonator

I recently moved, switching from DSL to FIOS, with a new phone number.  My online account (original DSL username) is referencing the old DSL account.  I cannot create a new username with my new information, as when I try to do so it says that I already have an account set up.  Moreover, when I call Verizon, I am told that my original username is the username for my new account.  When the agents I am speaking with 'check my account', they see correct information, reflecting the new account despite the fact that I do not.  It seems that the same username is referencing both accounts and is causing a conflict in the system.

This past week I have called on four separate occasions, each time being transferred around to numeroius departments, all clueless as to what the issue is or how to resolve it.  I have spent 6 hours on the phone this past week with no resolution!! 

I cannot view my services, pay my bill, or anything else on my new account! How can I get this resolved asap?  Without wasting any more of my valuable time on the phone with incompetent service people?

Additionally, when I made my online bill payment, it was applied to the old account!!  I not have a 219.74 credit on the old account in addition to an existing 67.34 credit.  Will I ever get this money back?

0 Likes
Re: Online account incorrect, agents are clueless
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi palonator,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your account. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

When you move your service from DSL to FIOS you keep your existing username. A move order reuses your existing account.

0 Likes
palonator

That would be fine if the old username had my new infortmation for my new account number -- but it does not. When I log in with the old username I still see my old account.  Oddly, when the Verizon agens try the same, they see my new information

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Try cleaning out the cache and history on your browser and see if that works.

0 Likes
palonator

I appreciate the input but I have tried all of that.  I am a computer expert....The issue is definitely on Verizon's end

0 Likes
palonator

To update:

1) I was contacted by Verizon that a 'fix went in for all users on 1/18' and to check my account.  It was not fixed and I replied that to the email.

2) I was told they would investigate further.  I have not heard back yet but I just logged into my account an received a message that:

"We recently received notification that you have made a change to your account. Please enter the Account Number or Billing Telephone Number to verify this change."

I got excited that this was a good sign so I proceeded to enter my information...only to receive an error message that: "This telephone number is already registered to your account."  So now I cannot see my old or new information.

Seriously...This should not be so complicated

0 Likes