outgoing email
travelbeanct

since verizon changed ports for outgoing mail I cannot send any verizon domain mail ou through my outlook express.  Yes, it has been reconfigured for port 587t.  So I opened up a gmail account and at first it worked to send out my mail from gmail in outlook.  Now today, I cannot send my gmail address outgoing mail .

The only way I can send mail out is to go to my webmail and send it. 

The verizon tech support said this is because I have a url link in my signature.  If I cannot send email thru outlook with a link in it, that effectively shuts down my business.  I am not happy with VErizon right now as they don't seem to answer my help emails and cannot solve this problem.  Is there anyone out there that can help me?

0 Likes
Re: outgoing email
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon does care that legitimate emails are being blocked. That is why they have the spamdetector.update@verizon.net address available.  Sending false positives to the spamdetector.update@verizon.net   is the best way to help the filter improve.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

What error are you getting when sending?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@travelbeanct wrote:

since verizon changed ports for outgoing mail I cannot send any verizon domain mail ou through my outlook express.  Yes, it has been reconfigured for port 587t.  So I opened up a gmail account and at first it worked to send out my mail from gmail in outlook.  Now today, I cannot send my gmail address outgoing mail .

The only way I can send mail out is to go to my webmail and send it. 

The verizon tech support said this is because I have a url link in my signature.  If I cannot send email thru outlook with a link in it, that effectively shuts down my business.  I am not happy with VErizon right now as they don't seem to answer my help emails and cannot solve this problem.  Is there anyone out there that can help me?

I don't know where you are located, but I just sent a test message from one of my email accounts to another just fine, and my signature has an email link in it. So I don't think that has any relationship to your problem. But you can obviously test that by temporarily removing your signature and see if it works then.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes