Overcharging after cancellation!!!
Seyed

Hello,

I contacted Verizon's cancellation team on February 11, at 4:02 PM Eastern Standard Time. The agent introduced herself as "Alexis", and I asked her to cancel my internet service on the same day. She confirmed that the balance is zero and I don't owe anything to Verizon and don't have anything to return. I asked for the confirmation number, but she said that it takes some time to get the confirmation number and I will receive it in email. I then asked for her Operator ID and she gave it to me. After a couple of days, instead of receiving the cancellation confirmation email, I received a new bill $61.98 for next month. Then, I chatted with customer service (Madison) in the Verizon community and she checked my account and told me that no action was done on my account and asked me to call the cancellation team again!! I did call back again on Feb 15 (after the weekend, since they don't work on weekends) and cancelled and I was told that since they have my request (on Feb 11) in their record, they can date it back to when I originally ordered my cancellation. After cancellation, I received two emails within a month for Feb and March bills and both were $0, but I never received the overcharge of $61.98 back!!

0 Likes
Re: Overcharging after cancellation!!!
jonjones1
Legend

If it was taken out as auto pay contact your bank or credit card company to reverse the payment. Let them fight it out with Verizon as to the chargeback and why.

0 Likes
Re: Overcharging after cancellation!!!
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Seyed,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes