Poor Customer Service
avacom
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am writing this as I am on the phone with Verizon Customer Support:

Today, a Verizon technician had to pull NEW fiber optic cable into my Condo because it was bad. Initially had reported a video problem (pixelation, dropped video/audio, some channels blocked) 3 months ago and all they were willing to do was replace the STB. Problem still persisted and they now told me to purchase a Coax Line Amplifier. Did that and of course it did NOT improve. Finally got so fed up with their lack of expertise after several more weeks, that I did some checking and discovered an issue with the status lights on the ONT. Why didn't they think of that? Called Technical Support and a technician was sent who already knew before I said anything that the problem was BAD fiber that had to be replaced. Once they pulled in the new fiber, the TV Service was working correctly again and the technician told me to call Customer Service and get credit for 3 months of NO TV service due to the bad cable. When I did that, they said that the only credit I would get was for 3 months of STB Rental for the cheapest box even though I HAD NO TV SERVICE on all STB's for 3 months. Even after escalating the issue to a Supervisor, they were unwilling to give any credit for NO TV SERVICE. Verizon obviously has known about this bad fiber optic cable for some time and instead of proactively replacing it, they wait until a customer complains before they have to replace it and then WILL NOT compensate the customer for the lack of service. I have been a satisfied FiOS customer for 4 years, but after this experience I now have to reconsider Verizon.

Update:

After 45 minutes of getting absolutely nowhere with that Customer Service Supervisor because their records only show replacement of an STB, I asked to be transferred to Technical Support. After explaining the issue once again to them and the fact that the fiber did have to be replaced, the Tech Support Rep confirmed that their records did indeed reflect the fiber optic cable replacement and then offered to call back the Customer Support Supervisor who was FINALLY made to understand that a bad fiber optic cable means NO TV SERVICE. Credit was finally issued for the 3 months of no service and I have calmed down sufficiently to not want to toss it all into the street.

0 Likes
Re: Poor Customer Service
Peter_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Avacom;

I am really sorry for what you went through. next time you are having issues with your service, try reaching out to us here or for faster service reach out to us on Twitter @verizonsupport.

Peter C.

0 Likes
avacom
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Customer Support are just plain LIARS. They tell you one thing and then do another. The last Rep I talked to tried to give me a bunch of crap because they can only go on what is noted in the account ... blah, blah, blah. Guess what - they write the notes, NOT the Customer. THEY DID NOT AND WILL NOT LISTEN TO ME! REALITY CHECK: BAD FIBER OPTIC CABLE = NO TV SERVICE. That is what the TECH who replaced THE CABLE told me.

I don't give a crap about Verizon's policies and procedures. I PAID FOR 3 MONTHS OF TV SERVICE WHICH I DID NOT RECEIVE. SIMPLE - REFUND MY MONEY

0 Likes
avacom
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK ... well I'm reaching out. It seems that I was lied to yet again by Verizon. I was PROMISED credits to my account. Turn out that I have been given credit of 1/4 of the amount originally promised. So I called Customer Service, wait 15 minutes to talk to someone  who then transferred me to Fiber Support who keep me on hold for another 20 minutes. Why? What happened to the originally promised credit? Why do I have to get bounced around and waste my time with a bunch of **bleep** who DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING? I am NOT being issued the credits I was promised which essentially means that Verizon has STOLEN money from me by charging for a service THAT WAS NOT PROVIDED. WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOUR REPS NOT UNDERSTAND.You are in BREACH OF CONTRACT.

VERIZON -- I am canceling my service and GOOD LUCK getting another dime out of me. I have had enough!

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We can definitely understand your frustration. I sent you a PM so that we can take a look into the issue for you.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
TBS1

Welcome to Verizon hell. I've made numerous calls and spent literally multiple hours (much of that on hold) on the phone with Verizon support for problems that still aren't resolved. The truly disturbing thing is that I've OCCASIONALLY wound up talking to someone in customer support who actually seems to care about my problems -- but even THEY weren't able to help me. What that tells me is that the problems are systemic within the company and not strictly the fault of the people answering the phones, but that's little comfort for the fact that the service I'm paying good money for doesn't work correctly and it's no comfort at all when (as often happens) the person I end up communicating with DOESN'T seem to really care.

0 Likes
avacom
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's too bad that Verizon's INFERIOR Customer Support quickly negates any benefit from FiOS's excellent technology.

avacom
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Shamika_VZ wrote:

We can definitely understand your frustration. I sent you a PM so that we can take a look into the issue for you.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

OK ... I responded to your PM and ... NOTHING! NO RESPONSE -- NOTHING. YOU ARE A BUNCH OF {please keep your posts courteous} AND DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMER!

0 Likes
avacom
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't care if you don't have 3 months of trouble tickets. Why do I have to repeat myself? FACT: Beginning in September, my TV service was degrading, pixelating and dropping channels. When I reported this in October, they said it was the STB which was replaced and DID NOT FIX PROBLEM. I discovered the red light on the ONT. I requested a Technician to make a Service Call. It was the Tech that said that the bad cable which he replaced would cause BAD TV signals AND he already knew the cable had to be replaced before he looked at the ONT. Why didn't Verizon replace the cable when they knew it was bad several MONTHS ago?

I HAD LITTLE OR NO TV SERVICE FOR 3 MONTHS WHICH I PAID FOR. I WANT A REFUND!

YOU ARE JUST GIVING ME THE SAME CRAP. BYE BYE VERIZON. YOU HAVE LOST A CUSTOMER THROUGH YOUR OWN STUPIDITY.

0 Likes
avacom
Enthusiast - Level 3

@avacom wrote:

@Shamika_VZ wrote:

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

OK ... I responded to your PM and ... NOTHING! NO RESPONSE -- NOTHING. YOU ARE INCOMPETENT AND DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMER!

Once again ... I respond as requested and after waiting a week, Verizon CAN'T BE BOTHERED to do anything.