Property Damage caused by Verizon
fnchr126

Hello. I am looking for assistance on filing a property damage claim against Verizon. I have had difficulties calling in for prior issues (low/drop lines from pole to pole) since I am not a Verizon customer and the agents over the phone always had difficulties locating my address.

On 4/30/2020, a storm came through and split a tree in half which took out a utility pole located on my property. Overnight, a crew came out and installed a new pole, and in the process tore siding off my home. There was no damage to my siding prior to the crew coming out. While they were doing work, they were loud enough to wake us up as they pulled electrical and other cables that were attached to the house and siding off. At the time, we did not want to go out to disturb them since we had thought it was the local electrical company and did not want to put ourselves in danger of live wires, and wanted to maintain proper social distancing.  We overheard them saying that they needed slack for the cables. The crew also did not leave any notes or notices that they were out to do work or they had damaged our property. It was not until the next morning that after speaking with a restoration team from my local electric company that I found out the pole was owned and installed by Verizon.

While I appreciate the Verizon crew replacing the pole, it was unprofessional of them to perform work without informing us, and damaging our property and leaving without taking responsibility. I had to pay out of pocket to get my siding repaired as my insulation was exposed.

0 Likes
Re: Property Damage caused by Verizon
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi fnchr126,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes