Return of CableCARD, how long before removed from my equipment?
cubiculum
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently got rid of my Tivo and decided to go with a standard Fios DVR box. I did the standard online return/order new equipment thing. The box arrived, works great, but there was no return box for the CableCard. So I did an online chat, got a prepaid label, packaged the card up with a letter with my name, account number, etc on it. I sent it off and it was received and signed for by Taylor a couple days ago.

The CableCard is still showing up in my account for a monthly charge of $4.99. I realize it will probably take a few days to process, but does anyone know approximately how long that might take?

0 Likes
Re: Return of CableCARD, how long before removed from my equipment?
cubiculum
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can anyone give me an idea on this? I contacted a representative via chat and all they could tell me is that Verizon will send me an email when the equipment is received. It's been a week and I still have it on my account. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some people have reported that it can take over a month even after they show proof it was returned.

Hopefully you kept the shipping info to prove that it was returned.

cubiculum
Enthusiast - Level 2

Holy crap, I'm extremely frustrated.

it has been well over a month now. I have chatted with 3 different people, all of them said they removed the CableCARD from my account. One issued me a credit for the current month, the last told me that yes, it was received (I provided tracking info, etc) and said it was removed. It still shows up on my equipment on the website. How hard is this?

For some reason, I also got a cryptic letter in the mail from Verizon saying that the service I tried to install was not accessible with my account. I didn't install any services - likely, one of the reps tried to do something to remove the returned CableCARD from my account.

This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cubiculum,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.