RNever received an appropriate replacement DVR
mssant

I asked for a new DVR some time ago.  One was sent to me for a televion that I don't have.  AT the time I spoke to the agent I specifically told him that I need a DVR that a regular TV plugs into with a 2 prong plug. I sent it back indicating I needed a different one and never received it.  It only holds 17 hours of recording and I was told it should hold 100.  Please send me a DVR that a regular TV can plug into and that holds more than 17 hours of recorded programs.  I am paying every month for an inferior DVR.

Holly Santistevan

0 Likes
Re: RNever received an appropriate replacement DVR
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

These Forums are a place where users help other users. If you need an answer from Verizon directly please Contact Us.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

As said this a user to user forum.

However what your asking for doesn't exist with Verizon.

The DVR's that also have a power plug  sockets for  TV's have smaller Hard drives.

The DVR's that have larger hard drives do not have power plug sockets.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Further, it is simply not required to plug the TV into the STB for anything to work ... ever notice those additional slot like things immediately adjacent to where the STB plugs in?  I bet you could plug the TV in there and it would work.   🙂

As far as actual video outputs, all models come with A/V component and composite outputs as well as HDMI.  Not all come with coax outputs anymore, but few TV's -- particular with the switchover to high-def digital TV standards -- include a coax only input.  If for whatever reason this is the only input option on what must be a somewhat date TV, then check into what's known as an "RF modulator" which will convert a video output into RF -- they are relatively inexpensive and can be found at most home improvement and big box electronics stores (as well as online).

0 Likes