Sales agents - Horrible customer service
TonyFios

I signed up for the holiday bundle and I was promised a fios gateway router as a part of the deal.   Since I didn't see it in the offer listed, i triple and quadrupled checked with the agent before confirming.  I even asked him to confirm the router can to 802.11 ac because that is the reason I want to upgrade.

I get the packages from UPS and I get the advanced router instead of the gateway router.   I called them, emailed customer support to no avail.   All of them want me to pay another $150 for the gateway router.   

Nice bait and switch.

The agents were courteous but ultimately useless.  They kept apologizing for 'my confusion'.   There was no confusion, it is more like a scam.    

How would you feel if you were promised something when signing a 2 year contract with termination fees and when the equipment comes in, it is not what was promised.    Any company with decent customer service would offer something more than an apology for 'my confusion'.

I guess I am stuck for 2 more years with a bad taste in my mouth.

0 Likes
Re: Sales agents - Horrible customer service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Sales agents - Horrible customer service
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Tony,

We sincerely apologize that the equipment you received was not what you had expected on getting with your upgrade. We were able to review the order notes and it mentions the Advanced router, but not the Gateway router. Currently the only way to get the Gateway router is for purchase ($150). While we would love to be able to offer that, there aren't any offers to receive this router for free with an upgrade, it is only for purchase at this time.

Our apologies again.

- Kirsten

0 Likes