Short Term Air Cards
deester

I vacation in an RV and would like to have internet access as I travel. Does anyone if there is a short term air card available? I don't need one year round .

Thanks,

deester

I

0 Likes
Re: Short Term Air Cards
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Can't purchase something "short term" from Verizon. You would have to purchase something at full retail and activate it on a month-to-month agreement. Full retail for Verizon's cheapest USB modem is $199.99 for the USB727.

Or if you had an existing modem or one you purchase thru a third party you can activate it on a month-to-month as well.

0 Likes
deester

Thanks for your reply but I'm not sure I understand what you are telling me I need. I know only the very basics and was  not aware that I would need  a modem to use while traveling, I thought I just needed a card. Would you please educate me on what I actually am getting into.

Thanks,

deester

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
modem/card ...different terms for the same thing. Whether you get a USB verison or a PCcard version it's still a modem. The PCcard version would be specific to your make/model of computer..so you'd need to make sure you have the correct form factor. The USB version is universal..so any computer with a USB port will be able to connect to the device.
0 Likes