Swindled by "Verizon" reps at Walmart?
jillmmax

I've had Verizon for almost a year (no contract).  The pricing for my bundles was set to expire on Dec. 11th, so when I was approached by Verizon reps, "Jesse and Jessica" in Walmart store # 3475 (Trooper, PA), I was happy to talk with them about renewing my pricing for the next year.  They logged into my account via a tablet - changed my internet service (upgraded to 75/75), kept my triple play and preferred TV package, and showed me a bunch of credits that were on my account that would be reapplied for the next year.  They also put me on the phone with a verizon rep who verified everything and told me that my estimated bill (for the exact same service that I've had for the last year, plus the upgraded internet)would now be $114.36.  They also confirmed repeatedly that this would be my monthly price for the next year and that I would not have to sign a contract (just like last year).  I have a sales form receipt that shows this price and also has a customer order number on it.  I received an e-mail confirmation later that day that linked me to my account, but once in my account (which shows an activation date of Dec. 2, 2014), when I tried the link to "view a copy of my billing estimate", I get an error message:  "We are currently experiencing issues processing your request. Please try your request at a later time".  It's been 4 days, and I continued to get the error message.  So I called Verizon.  The rep. that I spoke to said that my order number was invalid (even though I had an email confirmation).  She could not find any employees with the names that I gave her (the verizon reps in walmart)  She also said that the only change she saw on my account was the upgraded internet.  She said that there is no indication that anything was renewed on my account and as of December 11th all of my credits and discounts are going away.  I waited on hold for a supervisor for about an hour.  Apparently the supervisor was on a conference call - but the rep said she was concerned and promised that the supervisor would call me back after her conference call (but that was over an hour ago) and still no call.

I have no idea who these people in Walmart were -but they were wearing red Verizon shirts, and gave me verizon paperwork with a price, and an order number which is apparently invalid. 

Even worse is after I talked to Jesse and Jessica, I sent my mom over to Walmart to renew her bundle - she did - and now she's probably going to be dealing with the same problem!!

If this is not resolved within 24 hours, I'm cancelling everyting and calling Comcast and filing a formal complaint with the states attorney.

0 Likes
Re: Swindled by "Verizon" reps at Walmart?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
jillmmax

Thank you Elizabeth.

When can I expect to be contacted by a representative about my actual issue?  Shall I message you with my cell #? 

Please do not call my billiing phone number, as it is my Land line and we do not use it, nor do we check the messages.

FYI...I still have not received the call back (which was promised that I would get tonight) from the supervisor by the name of Michelle Rivera who was supposed to return my call.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You should hear from someone within 24 hours. We can' t say how they will contact you as moderators do not have that kind of internal information.

0 Likes
jillmmax

We are closing in on 24 hours - and no call (as promised by the phone rep that I spoke to last night) and no reply via email, message, phone (as promised by the moderator). 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

We have sent a note and requested that someone respond.

0 Likes
jillmmax

Where did you send the note?  The first correspondance that I've received was an e-mail today (12/9) and I'm guessing it's because I called to request that the labels/boxes for my eqipment return be shipped so that I can use to send them as soon as I cancel my account on 12/15.

0 Likes
jillmmax

Verizon finally contacted me - I e-mailed my paperwork that showed the estimated monthly bill of $114.77 and they told me they could not honor that price.  Comcast is coming to install new cable at my house next friday 12/19, at which time I will be cancelling Verizon.  The verizon reps in Walmart lied and defrauded me to get my business - now they are losing me as a customer (as well as my mom - as they did the same thing to her).

0 Likes