Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Technical Support hard to understand, out of country?

Babette
Contributor
Contributor

Technical Support hard to understand, out of country?

Message 1 of 5
(7,273 Views)
Everytime I have had to call "Technical Support" for my online services, I end up getting someone way over in either India or Pakistan that I can barely understand. Now I realize that labor costs are really cheap over there, but when you have customers calling for help (after hours) because something is not working properly, or they need assistance setting up their account again with Verizon because something has gone wrong, they want to be able to speak with someone that they can understand. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to call "technical support" and been so frustrated with the person because I could not understand them, I simply told them I would call back later.  I now try and make my calls during the day, even then it's hit or miss with whether or not you'll get someone here in this country or India/Pakistan. If I do call and I hear the voice on the other end that I can't understand, I simply say "wrong number" and I keep calling until I hear a voice that is completely understandable. That's probably why my e-mail account is screwed up now, one of the voices that I couldn't understand helped set it up. Some support.

{please keep your posts courteous and relevant} I turn to other people that I know are good with computers or I turn to forums and ask the general population, you stand a better chance getting help that way.:smileysad:

Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 01-20-2009 04:44 PM
4 REPLIES 4
CharlesH
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Technical Support hard to understand, out of country?

Message 2 of 5
(7,267 Views)
I went through your wall of text kinda quick and I have some comments.  All the employees who work in customer service or tech support for verizon FiOS work and live in the USA. I'm not sure about wireless or DSL, but I'm fairly sure its the same case for them.
Telcoguru
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 3 of 5
(7,263 Views)
DSL support is in India. I have called a few times and they only wanted to do things their way and always insist the trouble is the customer's computer.
TimSykes
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Message 4 of 5
(7,249 Views)
They must have been trained by the Dell guys.
deafone
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(7,025 Views)

You are not alone,Babette.

I ran into similar situations.Hard understanding what I was being asked or told.

I more or less had to guess. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title