TERMINATE
kjeatwell

I love the product Verizon has to offer but the customer service is hands down the worst. I have never dealt with such a useless and inefficient use of employees. Man, how many customer service reps do you have? If I have one simple question I get transferred a minimum of 3 times and get asked the same question over and over. I have easily wasted about 20 to 25 hours of my life (I can never get back) with your customer service. As much as I hate to I am switching my cable and internet back to brighthouse, product not quite as good but the better customer service more than makes up the difference.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: TERMINATE
Jamesjah
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, the product is great. But the service is horrible. They lied to be to get a sale. I'm considering eating the fee to cancel.

JustGotFiOS
Contributor - Level 2

I hear you, but the other way around. I just dropped TWC and their service was horrible. Online chat it a total waste of time, email support just sends a reply suggesting to use phone support, and phone support just tells you to power cycle everything. If that doesn't help they try a remote reset (which is not any different from a power cycle) and then throw their arms in the air telling you to call a different number to have a tech come over. Their techs are really nice and try to help, but they suffer from having to deal with mediocre product. If replacing the cables and the boxes doesn't do the trick they just make it so that it works for two minutes or as long as it takes to dart out the house and drive around the corner.

Never dealt with Brighthouse, but the service grass is not always greener on the other side. So far I called Verizon support twice and although the wait time was 10 minutes each and connection quality horrible I got the issues resolved without a problem.

In general, companies need to shape up their customer service and empower their employees. Hire the right people and then let them do their best to make the customer happy, even if that means bending over backwards, talking to someone for 20 minutes, and giving credits. Most people hate switching services and as long as you keep them reasonably happy they stick around. That costs much less and is much easier than recruiting new customers.

Unless you already switched, try writing a letter to the CEO of Verizon. If Mr. McAdam cares about what happens to his company then he'd better reply in a way that makes you happy. I tried that once with Samsung and it worked wonders. 

0 Likes
RBinDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

One would think that with the current high unemployment rate Verizon's customer service reps would value having their jobs.  Apparently not.  I have already dealt with three different reps regarding my being charged for two movies I never ordered (or viewed) and for NFL Redzone.  The first two lied to me and the third one essentially told me to cancel the service if I was not happy.  

Well I am now looking into Comcast's HD triple play package, which is significantly cheaper.  it may not offer the same picture clarity that FIOS does but the hassle factor and shoddy treatment I have received is just not worth it.  

0 Likes
RBinDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon is counting on your eating the fee.  That appears to be how it does business.  

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

RBinDC,

Your issue was escalated to a private support case on Jan. 23. 

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look down the middle towards the bottom where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
RBinDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

And I'm supposed to know about this how????  

I have an email address.  Why didn't Verizon just email me?  

0 Likes
Re: I want to TERMINATE
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes