The Worst Customer Service EVER!!
Douger1
Enthusiast - Level 1

First off, you'd spend less time actually getting Google on the phone. But when you finally get through to a representative, be prepared to explain your question at least 6 different people as you get transferred back and forth. I spent a cumulative 3 hours (you read that right, THREE HOURS) trying to address a simple issue, which is as yet unresolved.

Optimum, who has an inferior product, at least gets you to a single agent witin 10 minutes who can work with you to solve your issue without handing you off to someone, who then hands you off, ad infinitum. With the obligatory 10-15 minute wait between hand-offs.

After the 6th person listened politely to my question, I was put on hold yet again, then to my astonishment, I was cut off. Back to square one. Now, you see why I've been on the phone with them for the better part of the afternoon.

To any Verizon management who even cares about my business, please feel free to contact me. I'll take your call without making you jump through hoops the way your representatives do to your customers, I promise.

Re: The Worst Customer Service EVER!!
marcam923
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to completely agree with this post, not only was the supposed customer service manager of no assistance, he told me I must have been lied to by the person I signed for service with!

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Douger

Perhaps if you explained your issue, someone might be able to offer a suggestion.

sjal
Over all, my Verizon service has been excellent. What is ridiculous is how many times I can access my email account that is associated/tied to Yahoo mail using POP settings. This has become a joke. It will work fine and then just NOT work at all. A day later it's working again until the next time it just stops. I've tried to break the connection to yahoo as the mail interface but was told it can't be done. Yep, just another stupid answer from the "non-support" group.
0 Likes
Ian_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Douger,

We apologize for the experience you've had trying to get support.  We're here to help.  Let us know what is going on and we will investigate and answer any questions for you.  Thanks~Ian

0 Likes
Ian_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

sjal,

We'd like to help you also.  If you're ready to sever the Yahoo/Verizon account relationship we can assist you.  Before reverting back to a Verizon only account we recommend using a third party email program (ie Outlook, Windows Mail, Thunderbird, etc.) and downloading your messages from the Yahoo servers. 

Here is what you'll need to do:

Note: In order to remove the Yahoo Portal Partner you must do this from the My Verizon page.

Important: Once you revert back to My Verizon, you will no longer have the option to go back to the previous Portal Partner as Verizon no longer offers a Portal Partner. 

1. Go to http://www.myverizon.com and log in with their Username and Password.
  2. Click on "Profile".  You will then see the "Manage Your Profile Settings". 
  3. From the Manage Your Profile Settings page select "Online Experience"
  4. From the Online Experience page click on "Change my online experience" 
  5. Review the "Important" message section of the page and then check each box and click the "Confirm" button
  6. Once clicked the portal will revert back to My Verizon and you will no longer have a Portal Partner. 

Let us know if you have any questions, or issues, and we'll be happy to assist.~Ian

0 Likes
mcbean1

agreed. just spend more than 1 hour trying to get international dialling added. What a bunch of incompetent jokers, failed me on an over-the-phone credit check after I just went through same process a month ago to set up the account. I just left AT&T after years of good service there, my bad for being so disloyal. VERIZON HAVE BEEN A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT and I will be sure to let everyone know that would listen.

0 Likes
margoofy4

I have been on the phone with them for over a month not with no results. They pass the buck and I even have emails from them and they don't even want to see them when I ask "do you want me to email you"? Then they go dumb and say no no no I see what your talking about....hahahhahaha and nothing happens..... Right now I will never get verizon again.... was going to switch my cell phone over to them not now....  Well good luck hope you have better luck than me... my saga is still continueing..

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
tbrooks5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh boy, do I feel your PAIN!  I'm counting down the days for my contract to expire.  Nine years with Verizon, most of them great years but the past couple of years have been dreadful.    I've been trying for months to settle a billing issue from my old residence.  Have spent HOURS with different "reps", I've been apologized to and assured over and over again  that my "issue" has been resolved and that it was an error (obviously).  Only to find out that IT HAS NOT been resolved properly.  Instead, it was turned over to COLLECTIONS!  Money that I DO NOT OWE!  Now, as of Feb 26th, the issue was once again RESOLVED and I was told that I would not receive any more bills on that account and that the account balance is ZERO.  Yesterday, after spending another hour on the phone, and an hour on Monday-- I find out that it was not  handled.  I wasn't really surprised at all.  I was again told that a supervisor would review the account and speak with the "rep' that I spoke with on Feb 26th, and they would call me back.  No one has, nor will they ever call me back!  I'm over Verizon. 😞  and I am not paying a bill that I do NOT OWE.  I am beyond frustrated and want to know who to contact when you can not get an issued resolved through Verizon staff? Anyone know?