Treatment of Returning Customers
Bl323

I have seen this posted on here a bunch of times, but wanted to share my awful customer service experience over the last two weeks.

I have been a triple play customer since moving into my house over five years ago. I noticed, after my initial deal expired, that the monthly bill seemed to be getting into a territory that was just too difficult to justify these days with the myriad of other options. I called and spoke to several different customer service representatives who really couldn't get my bill down that much without subtracting things like important channels. Finally, one of the rare helpful customer service reps connected me with someone from the retention department. When I got through to them, it was no longer a good time for me, so they told me they would call me back at a certain date and time, which never happened.

After another week of going through the same song and dance with customer service representatives, none of which would agree to put me through to the retention department, I decided to go forward with the process of cutting the cord. I did my research, figured out what I had to get and I did it. This morning I called FiOS to cancel my TV and phone, but upgrade my Internet. I found some very attractive Internet only FiOS deals online, and asked about them. I was told those were for "new customers only". I mentioned how I really did not want to switch my Internet to Optimum, and asked if they could in any way honor the deal advertised or at least get into the ballpark, because the numbers they gave to me weren't even close. I was told by two different service representatives that they can't, and to "call back when I get my ducks in a row". Optimum, Who I really was not interested in dealing with, presented me with more Internet speed options at better prices.

I get that this is a business, and you can't budge for every single customer, but instead of only having interest in only attracting new customers, why not show a little bit of loyalty and appreciation to one's that want  to return? It won't affect them, but it's a shame that with all of the competition these days, they are not the least bit interested in saving a customer over a few dollars.

0 Likes
Re: Treatment of Returning Customers
Madaub660

I had the same issue when I left Spectrum to come to Verizon.  Spectrum didn't care that I was going to leave and even said that after 60 days I could come back as a new customer with all the incentives.  Looks like you have to play the switch game every couple years.  Loyalty seems to mean nothing to these companies anymore.  So gotta play their game.

0 Likes