Triple play contract expired months ago, need a new deal
Biggworm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My triple play contract has expired months ago. I love my Fios but it is getting really expensive. Is there a way that an existing customer of about 9 years can get a good deal on my package (75/75; extreme hd with 3 quantum boxes , and a landline)? Seems like all the new customers get all the great deals and us existing customers pay more for less service. Im currently around $215 for what a new customer would get for about a little over half of that. 

I dont wanna leave and go to Comcast, but I may have to give them a look. So, if anyone can give me some advice on how to get a better deal without giving up what I already have, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Triple play contract expired months ago, need a new deal
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's normal for all providers. New customers always get better deals.

Have you tried logging in to your account to see what deals you can get?

Or call support and see what deals you can get.

Let them know that you have Comcast as an option.

Re: Triple play contract expired months ago, need a new deal
Biggworm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thx for the reply. I chatted with someone yesterday on the computer, it was a terrible experience. It would take them about 5 to 7 minutes to reply to every question. I did mention that I was checking Comcast as an option, which I really am, and it didn't seem to get me anywhere. I guess I'll have to give them a call because I can't sit through another excruciating chat session.

0 Likes