TRIPLE PLAY CONTRACT EXPIRING - NOW WHAT ??
gene1802
Enthusiast - Level 3

My 'old' Extreme HD triple play contract expires on March 21,2010. I 've noticed that  my March bill is showing on-line and it is the same as it has been for past months. Does anyone from Verizon ever contact me to see about the contract ending? Does it take them a while to realize what's going on? What is my respnsibility here? I'm in no hurry to lose the 'old' Extreme HD and get involved with the new screwed-up bundles.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TRIPLE PLAY CONTRACT EXPIRING - NOW WHAT ??
prisaz
Legend

@gene1802 wrote:

I do not believe I have a 2 year price guarantee. The only information on-line for my account is that it is a 12 month contract. There is no mention anywhere of a 2 year price guarantee. So again I ask - now what? Does Verizon even keep track of this stuff? Will they contact me? As of now, I'm just paying my normal bill for March.

Look for the welcome package that was mailed to you last year, and hope you can find it. I know my plan was such that it gave an expiration date after "One Year Commitment" but also showed a two year price guarantee when I signed up. But that sure did not show up on my bill or in My Verizon online account manager. Myself and others pushed for it to be made available on My Verizon and also be displayed on the bill. Before that happened only billing knew unless you could find your first bill after the bundle agreement along with the welcome package. Then after further research I found it was pricing for two years and a one year commitment. Only way to know for sure is to find your paperwork or call and VERIFY THAT THE TWO YEAR PRICING WILL BE VALID FOR ANOTHER YEAR. EVEN IF YOU CAN'T FIND YOUR PAPERWORK FROM LAST YEAR. I am not sure when that arrangement stopped but it is worth a try to call them and get reassurance that it will be the same pricing until the second year ends. They may say fine as long as you make no changes.

View solution in original post

prisaz
Legend

@gene1802 wrote:

My 'old' Extreme HD triple play contract expires on March 21,2010. I 've noticed that  my March bill is showing on-line and it is the same as it has been for past months. Does anyone from Verizon ever contact me to see about the contract ending? Does it take them a while to realize what's going on? What is my respnsibility here? I'm in no hurry to lose the 'old' Extreme HD and get involved with the new screwed-up bundles.

You may have had the one year commitment and the two year price guarantee. Call them and let them know about your concerns and that you want to verify the price guarantee is still valid until 3/21/2011. That is what they offered at one time.Check with them and you may be good for another year at what you have

Last month it was two year commitment and one year at a discount with two year pricing, but they changed it for new customers for two years at the discount price.

Remember that if you change anything in the bundle you will lose your second year pricing, and also will need to go to one of the new bundles that may not have the same TV line up. I want to get more speed but in Metro D.C. the Extreme changed and does not have the same amount of channels I have now with Extreme. So I am holding out on any new commitments.

0 Likes
gene1802
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do not believe I have a 2 year price guarantee. The only information on-line for my account is that it is a 12 month contract. There is no mention anywhere of a 2 year price guarantee. So again I ask - now what? does Verizon even keep track of this stuff? Will they contact me? As of now, I'm just paying my normal bill for March.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@gene1802 wrote:

I do not believe I have a 2 year price guarantee. The only information on-line for my account is that it is a 12 month contract. There is no mention anywhere of a 2 year price guarantee. So again I ask - now what? Does Verizon even keep track of this stuff? Will they contact me? As of now, I'm just paying my normal bill for March.

Look for the welcome package that was mailed to you last year, and hope you can find it. I know my plan was such that it gave an expiration date after "One Year Commitment" but also showed a two year price guarantee when I signed up. But that sure did not show up on my bill or in My Verizon online account manager. Myself and others pushed for it to be made available on My Verizon and also be displayed on the bill. Before that happened only billing knew unless you could find your first bill after the bundle agreement along with the welcome package. Then after further research I found it was pricing for two years and a one year commitment. Only way to know for sure is to find your paperwork or call and VERIFY THAT THE TWO YEAR PRICING WILL BE VALID FOR ANOTHER YEAR. EVEN IF YOU CAN'T FIND YOUR PAPERWORK FROM LAST YEAR. I am not sure when that arrangement stopped but it is worth a try to call them and get reassurance that it will be the same pricing until the second year ends. They may say fine as long as you make no changes.

gene1802
Enthusiast - Level 3

thanks for the tip. you were absolutely right - I do have a 2 year price guarantee - I never knew that. However, the CSR I spoke to is offering me the Ultimate HD for the same price I'm paying for my old Extreme HD - $109. I'm very tempted to take the offer. The price is for one year and you may have to pay the $139 for the 2nd year unless you can haggle something new at that time. We'll see....

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@gene1802 wrote:

thanks for the tip. you were absolutely right - I do have a 2 year price guarantee - I never knew that. However, the CSR I spoke to is offering me the Ultimate HD for the same price I'm paying for my old Extreme HD - $109. I'm very tempted to take the offer. The price is for one year and you may have to pay the $139 for the 2nd year unless you can haggle something new at that time. We'll see....

If I was offered Ultimate for $109, for a year and second year at $139, I think I would be very tempted. I remember seeing an offere for "new" customers. I am waiting a while. I would still like to see and Ultimate HD bundle without the Premiums bundled inside. I do not think Verizon is going to change their bundle policy just for me.Smiley Sad

0 Likes