Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Update Top Set Boxes

edrob2314
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Update Top Set Boxes

Message 1 of 4
(924 Views)

When is Verizon coming out with boxes with the ability to record more channels while watching another?  They are way behind in technology and I am ready to go back to cable because no one can give me an answer.

3 REPLIES 3
armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Update Top Set Boxes

Message 2 of 4
(908 Views)

@edrob2314 wrote:

When is Verizon coming out with boxes with the ability to record more channels while watching another?  They are way behind in technology and I am ready to go back to cable because no one can give me an answer.

Search "Verizon Media Server" for technical details on upcoming hardware.  Also look here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/General-Residential-Products-and/CES-2013-and-things-to-come-soon/m-p/5...

The "When?" part is harder.

BeachsideRB
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(834 Views)

I hope they announce something soon!  I'm ready to jump ship any day now ... and while I'm only one customer I know of many others that are defecting to Dish and DirecTV these days.  Any rumours out there?? ... it seems like this is the second year of speculations about what seemed like a great new STB.  I hope it isn't outdated by the time it officially launches 😞

britishrich
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(751 Views)

That's how they roll here - 1,2,3,4 years of ifs and maybes and rumors...and when they do finally get released you won't be eligible for one anyway. I had to cancel for them to even think about giving me the current model!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title