Verizon does not wish to retain customers
KPauk

Simple question for everyone out there - Does Verizon really not want to lock me in for an 2 additional years at exactly the same services that I have today for the same price?  They'd really prefer to raise my bill a few bucks and take away a channel or two and force me to switch to a competitor's new customer promotional pricing instead of retaining me?

I really find it hard to believe that a company wouldn't want to just lock an outgoing client in for 2 more years....

0 Likes
Re: Verizon does not wish to retain customers
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon is no different than the other major ISPs and cable companies.  A two year promotional price is just that, promotional.  It goes away after the initial contract.  All of these companies are counting on people being hesitant to change, and they are generally correct.

If you switch to another provider and get a promotional price, it too will rise after one or two years.

If you call Verizon and talk to the retention (cancellation) department, they may make you an offer that is better than the normal reps or web site can offer.  It helps to know what the competition is offering new customers and be willing to follow through on a cancellation request.

Only you can decide if it's worth your time to switch back and forth every few years.

Good Luck.

Sean3040-2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Online you will not get the same price for the same service(s)

You have to call over the phone and press option 4 for retentions M-F 8am-9pm and Sat 8am-6pm

Ask for the same services you have  now and if you don't have quatum internet ask for quatum internet 

They will do something. Also ask for a free premium, most like you will get HBO for one year. 

RandomHero2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you think I could get the value of the free premium offers deducted from upgrading Extreme to Ultimate? $20 a month extra is too steep at this time.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The offers the retention reps are able to make vary over time.  The best way to find out what you can get is to call and ask.  If you don't like the offer, call back in a week or month and see if they have something different.

Good Luck.