Verizon doesn't care
joeygambino1

I'm in central mass, we just went through the snowstorm, and our FiOS line is down.  It is hanging from my home, running across the street, and hanging from the telephone pole.  This happened on Saturday.  I called and told the rep at Verizon about it, explained we have a lot of kids in the neighborhood playing outside in the snow, sledding, and other things kids do.  It's hanging down right next to the basketball hoop on the road.  We don't get a lot of traffic, and kids will still play there, the cold doesn't bother them nearly as much as it bothers us adults.  It is a HUGE safety hazard to be hanging down just inches from where they're all out playing in snow and ice.  I realize the line won't cause any electrical shocks, but it doesn't have to be a live copper line to strangle a child, or for a child to simply trip on it and slide across the ice and concrete on his or her face.

To make a long story longer, I called on Sunday morning and was told someone would be out either that night or Monday, within 24 hours to take care of it.  It's now Tuesday so I called again.  Now I'm being told it's not scheduled to be fixed until the 6th?  I realize other people are out of service because of the storm, I don't even care if my service is the last to actually work, I can connect to my neighbors internet just fine (or I wouldn't be typing this).  I just don't want some kid to die because of Verizon's negligence and uncaring attitude.  Is it too much to ask to have someone come out and take 20 minutes to tie the line up out of reach at the very least?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon doesn't care if kids die.
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve this issue.

0 Likes
joeygambino1

Private message here would be best, I'm not sure the account under this username is the correct one, I handle two accounts for two addresses on the same road.  I await your response with bated breath.

0 Likes
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

I've sent you a PM so we can look into the situation for you and get this downed line taken care of.  Please reply as soon as you're able. 

Thanks!

Adam.

0 Likes
joeygambino1

Form filled out, PM replied to.  Thank you.

0 Likes
joeygambino1

Form filled out a second time, because the first time I received a call from "Travis" and was told someone would be here before 5pm.  It's now 7:15pm, no call, no tech, line still hanging down outside.  A vehicle has since cut the line after my first message.  All I see this doing is costing Verizon more time and money, costing me more time and money, making an unhappy customer even less happy, and allowing a safety hazard to continue in a fourth day.  I also had to go outside and spool the cable myself at the pole and my home to try and decrease the possibility of a child being hurt.

Thanks Verizon, good show.

0 Likes
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

We apologize for not being able to see you today.  I'm sending you a PM now to advise of the details.

Thanks,

Adam.

0 Likes
joeygambino1

Alright.  I'm home from work again, and I really can't afford to be.  It's 8am.  Third time's the charm I hope.  I hope there's some kind of credit involved here.

0 Likes
rextilleon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think that there are risks to kids as long as there are no power wires down.  Mine went out also and its going to take at least five days to get it back.  The beauty of competition, is that if they don't show up tomorrow like they are suppose to, I get on the phone with Cablevision and cancel my Verizon. By the way, Cablevision is a major player in our area and their trucks are all over the place doing necessary repairs.  I have yet to see one Verizon truck, and all my neighbors have a service outtage. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon doesn't care
BABSRED

OMG Same problem here! In metrowest ma.  My line has been down since Saturday night. There are verizon wires all over the darn road! Tonight is trick or treat in my town! I am being told the 6th too! See this is the trouble when you bundle your services all with one company! We have no internet or phone since Saturday.This is unacceptable. When my contract is up I am seriously considering switching back to Satelitte so my services aren't all bundled with one company who clearly doesn't care.

0 Likes