Verizon FIOS for a new community
Not applicable

Hi,

Currently in a new community being constructed in Monroe NJ, the builder requested verizon to roll out FIOS to the entire community. But apparently Verizon is charing a large amount of money (around $150K) to wire the community for FIOS. The project manager at the community has told me that Comcast is ready to wire the community for free.

I am trying to understand why Verizon will not roll out FIOS in the community for free just like Comcast. Why should they allow their competitor exclusive access to community of 102 homes. Is there anybody at Verizon we can talk to see how we can get FIOS into this new community that is being constructed right now?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS for a new community
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Have the builder try this number or email address first. Verizon’s FiOS services 1-866-638-6066 or send an email to FiOSNow-VEC@verizon.com

0 Likes
USA-Retried

I moved over to Monroe TWP NJ August 2013 and came from  Staten island where I had FIOS for 5 years, loved it. Now stuck with comcast. Never thought that I needed to check who my provider was.

Any my community Greenbriar at Whittingham has 1600 homes, any reason why we can not get Verizon FIOS into the community ? If so what is the issue

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has said for now they plan to concetrate on those areas that are already wired.

That may change after the sale of assets outside of the NE.

I did read where they will concnetrate resources in the NE after that time.

But it was unclear as to what that means.

0 Likes