Verizon gives the runaround – Doesn’t honor agreed upon price.
JE171
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to tell everyone about three problems I am having with FiOS.

Problem 1:

Just after Christmas I tried to order FiOS service online, but I had issues with the website (Verizon connections page – I get a discount through my employer). So after several calls to customer service, I finally spoke to Miss B (I don’t want to post her name on the forum) on 1/17/12 who stated that she could help me.  I explained to her that I had trouble ordering online and she stated that she could help.  She stated that the current phone price was 94.99 for all three, but she verified that the connections web price was 84.99 before the connections discount so she spoke to her supervisor and got permission to extend the web price for the phone order.  So I again confirmed that the agreed upon rate was 84.99 per month for the triple play before my connections $10 discount.  Miss B. stated that she would have to go into my account after the install date and add the necessary discounts to bring the price to what was agreed.  She then stated that she would call me after I received my first bill to verify things were correct and that if I had any questions that I could call customer service and they could leave her a message to call me.  So I completed my order with her.  At the end of the order I again confirmed the price of 84.99 + 15 + 3.5 (services+boxes+unlisted) for a total price of 103.49 before tax. 

So needless to say that my first bill came and the price is not even close.    I called customer service on 2/15/12 and spoke to Kelly and she said that there is nothing that she could do to help.  After a few minutes she offered to reduce my bill by $10 for one year.  The problem is that I am on a two year contract and that the discount offered doesn’t match what I signed up for.  So I asked for her manager.  She stated that Miss H (name withheld) was not available and that she would call me back within 24-48 hours.   I still have yet to receive a call back.

Problem 2:

Verizon connections: I am entitled to a $10 employee discount through my employer.  Back in December I filled out the form on the Verizon connections website to receive my 12 digit code.  The problem is that these codes are only valid for 72 hours which I didn’t know at the time.  So in January I filled out the form again to obtain another code so I could place my order.  Unfortunately I never received an email back.  I even tried the verify employment without a work email (uploaded copy of my work id).  Again I received no email back.  So I called the help number on the Connections site which passed me off to another person, and then another, and so on.  After several hours and over a dozen people that stated they couldn’t help I tried the chat help.  After a lengthy chat session, Marie stated that she would hand this off to her manager and that he would call me within 24-48 hours.  After not receiving a call back I chatted again and the rep apologized and stated that he would follow up with the manager and assured me that someone would call me back.  Approx 1 hours later, Deena from Verizon emailed me the 12 digit code for me to add the discount.  One week later, Michael emailed me stating that Verizon had an email server problem and apologized for the inconvenience.  So After three weeks and several hours on the phone I finally received my connections discount.  What a PAIN!!!

Problem 3:

My Install…..On the day of installation, the tech spent approx. 3 hours at my house installing the service.  The problem was that he left before all of the boxes completed their programming.  One of my HD boxes kept rebooting so I called the 800 number and spent 45 minutes on the phone with them to tell me that I had a defective box.  So I returned the box to the Verizon store for a new one.  The rep at the store was surprised that the tech installed the old silver HD boxes at my house.  So I returned home and installed the new Motorola box which worked.  Approx 1 hour later the other two silver HD boxes started to reboot whenever I streamed something from the Multiroom DVR to them.  Again I returned to the Verizon store for two new Motorola Boxes.  So I had to make two trips to the Verizon store in the first 24 hours of my new service.

Two weeks later I receive my first bill and I was surprised to notice that I was being charge for two additional outlets which the rep that took my order never informed me of.  So I get to pay for two additional outlets when the tech never even verified that the boxes work.

So in the end Verizon doesn’t honor what they tell you.  I'm almost at the end of my  initial 30 days before my two year contract takes effect so I’ll post an update and let everyone know if I am still a FiOS customer.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon gives the runaround – Doesn’t honor agreed upon price.
JE171
Enthusiast - Level 2
I received a call yesterday from Joann from billing escalation. It looks like my billing issues will be corrected . I would like to thank Joann and Anthony for their efforts in correcting this issue. It is glad to see that you both care about customer service.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JE17

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the billing. I have sent you a private message so we can assist further.

0 Likes
JE171
Enthusiast - Level 2
Here's an update. I filled out the online form that Anthony from Verizon requested that I do so that a rep could follow up with me. Well it's been four days since I've completed the online form and I have yet to receive any communication from verizon. This is the third time someone has said a supervisor would call me and nothing.
JE171
Enthusiast - Level 2
I received a call yesterday from Joann from billing escalation. It looks like my billing issues will be corrected . I would like to thank Joann and Anthony for their efforts in correcting this issue. It is glad to see that you both care about customer service.
0 Likes
CooperUK
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've spent hours on the phone being transferred from one person to then be given another number and NOone can help me?!? Could you please tell me what phone number you called to get the help & code, etc. This is SO frustrating. I was sent an email to complete my registration @ Verizon Connections, but there wasn't a link or info as was stated should be within the email. Now, I'm just getting the runaround from people who have no idea how the Employer Discount Program works.

Please Assist,

Cooper

0 Likes