Verizon Junk Mail
ftcbski
How do I stop all the Fios junk mail I am receiving? The amount is absolutely ridiculous.
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Junk Mail
Justin46
Legend

Since I am not receiving any I can't give you any good suggestions on how to stop it. But just a quick question: are you sure it is really from Verizon? There have been some "phishing" emails lately that are not coming from Verizon:

https://www.verizon.net/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzc_help_announcement

If the emails you are getting are really from Verizon do they not have some kind of "unsubscribe" option on them? If so I would try that. Beyond that I have no idea. Sorry....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
mbabos

The complaint is referring to junk mail, not junk email.

I'm getting the exact same thing - literally every other day I'm getting mail from Verizon - all pushing FIOS.  I'm also getting a steady stream of phone calls from Verizon and even, gulp, Verizon door to door salesmen.

It's insane and so incredibly annoying that  I'm about "this far" away from cancelling my phone service with Verizon because of it.

0 Likes
DinBalto
I totally agree!!!  I'm fed up with all the junk mail.  What a waste of paper and money.  If I want FIOS, I will call someone.  Is there an opt out for junk mail from companies that you have an account with?
0 Likes
admkshr
Enthusiast - Level 2

As far as Verizon's telemarketing goes you can call Verizon and tell them to take you off their calling list. You have to call Verizon directly because the FCC's Do-Not-Call list does not cover companies you already have an account with.

As far as snail mail Verizon junk mail is concerned, I'm not sure but there ought to be some way to opt out of that as well. Does anyone know?

0 Likes
MoopMeep
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too would like the junk mail to stop. Comcast must send me at least 1 thing every week about switching to comcast. I decided not to call because 1) They have to pay to send the mail, so they lose money. 2) If I call them then I am afraid they will start calling me back to offer service because the do not call list wouldn't apply since I contacted them first (not sure about that). Comcast made me mad back in 1998, so I swore I would never us them again 🙂

gstbauer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is an address to stop junk mail in general

Too much junk to deal with individually: Start by sending a postcard or letter to Mail Preference Service, Direct Marketing Association, PO Box 643, Carmel, NY 15012-0643 Include your complete name, address, zip code and a request to "activate the preference service". For up to five years, this will stop mail from all member organizations that you have not specifically ordered products from.

Hope this helps

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@gstbauer wrote:

Here is an address to stop junk mail in general

Too much junk to deal with individually: Start by sending a postcard or letter to Mail Preference Service, Direct Marketing Association, PO Box 643, Carmel, NY 15012-0643 Include your complete name, address, zip code and a request to "activate the preference service". For up to five years, this will stop mail from all member organizations that you have not specifically ordered products from.

That is nice, but it appears that at least the user MoopMeep has ordered something.

His/her profile page http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/tracker?user.id=4785

^^
0 Likes