Verizon netbook promotion coupon issue
elindquist22

Good afternoon -

We switched to Fios from Comcast this past summer when they were doing the Compaq Netbook promotion and picked up Verizon phone/internet/TV. We just received our email notifying us that our Netbook coupon is on the way. However, the email I have from Verizon says it is a $299 coupon (like we were told when we signed up) and when I go to the link in my email, says it is a $200 coupon. Which one is it? I was told by my Fios rep that it was $299, now Compaq has something different. Honestly, since I moved from Comcast, I have had one issue after another with customer service, the installation, and billing. In the 3 years I was with Comcast, I did not have to call them once. In the 3 months I have been with Verizon, I have had to call them every month and am starting to wonder if I made the right choice. Thanks for any assistance.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon netbook promotion coupon issue
njdespres

Funny, I'm having the same problems in my first 60 days!  i hope people considering new service under an offer will read the comments online before switching.  When we spoke with the rep, we were told it would be $69,99 per month for our bundle.  Also told that the equipment would be sent free of charge and that after 90 days we would receive a netbook.

I received my first bill and there are charges for unordered services including unlimited monthly gaming (?), online back up, (I have a 1T external hard drive) and we were charged $40 for the modem and another $15 for shipping and activation fee.  It cost us an additional $110 to have another jack installed since there was only one functioning in the house.  Another $26 for misc. taxes and fees- all told- $300 for the first month of our bundle bill.  And to make matters worse, the rep with which I spoke today said that we are getting a flip-camcorder, not the netbook as promised.  "The sales rep made a mistake."   Getting names, dates, extensions, etc. doesn't matter to Verizon- and where is the recorded call?  I am so unhappy.

0 Likes