Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Verizon netbook promotion coupon issue

elindquist22
Contributor
Contributor

Verizon netbook promotion coupon issue

Message 1 of 2
(9,104 Views)

Good afternoon -

We switched to Fios from Comcast this past summer when they were doing the Compaq Netbook promotion and picked up Verizon phone/internet/TV. We just received our email notifying us that our Netbook coupon is on the way. However, the email I have from Verizon says it is a $299 coupon (like we were told when we signed up) and when I go to the link in my email, says it is a $200 coupon. Which one is it? I was told by my Fios rep that it was $299, now Compaq has something different. Honestly, since I moved from Comcast, I have had one issue after another with customer service, the installation, and billing. In the 3 years I was with Comcast, I did not have to call them once. In the 3 months I have been with Verizon, I have had to call them every month and am starting to wonder if I made the right choice. Thanks for any assistance.

1 REPLY 1
njdespres
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Verizon netbook promotion coupon issue

Message 2 of 2
(8,649 Views)

Funny, I'm having the same problems in my first 60 days!  i hope people considering new service under an offer will read the comments online before switching.  When we spoke with the rep, we were told it would be $69,99 per month for our bundle.  Also told that the equipment would be sent free of charge and that after 90 days we would receive a netbook.

I received my first bill and there are charges for unordered services including unlimited monthly gaming (?), online back up, (I have a 1T external hard drive) and we were charged $40 for the modem and another $15 for shipping and activation fee.  It cost us an additional $110 to have another jack installed since there was only one functioning in the house.  Another $26 for misc. taxes and fees- all told- $300 for the first month of our bundle bill.  And to make matters worse, the rep with which I spoke today said that we are getting a flip-camcorder, not the netbook as promised.  "The sales rep made a mistake."   Getting names, dates, extensions, etc. doesn't matter to Verizon- and where is the recorded call?  I am so unhappy.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title