Verizon "Unreturned" Equipment Charge
montydad5000

We decided to cancel our FIOS TV service back in May but we've opted to keep our Verizon internet service...for now.

We returned our 3 DVRs in the boxes provided by Verizon on May 17th.  We have our UPS tracking number (#1Z20X8509046683397) confirming that Verizon signed for the package in their Coatsville, PA location.

For some reason, Verizon is charging us $1,400 for "unreturned equipment."  We've made over a dozen calls to customer service and have been involved in several live chats online over the past two months.  Every time, they say to just "give it time" and "we can see that you returned your equipment," but the charge is still outstanding.

In fact, now they are saying that we are "past due" $1,460 and threatening to "interrupt" our internet service.

We have called on the phone, we have participated in live chat, we have been "escalated," we have written letters, emails, and I've even begun live-Tweeting this debacle to my 1,300+ Twitter followers (@ChrisMonty; #VerizonFail)...the $1,460 STILL shows as being due when we log into our account.

On Friday (7/11/14), I "carpet-bombed" several Verizon execs with an email stating that we needed this matter resolved ASAP.  Today (Monday, 7/14/14), I received a call from Nakia Thomas, a manager with Verizon's Customer Advocacy Department.  She gave me "voucher #3953468," whatever that means, and said that a "credit should show up within 24 hours."

Every time we call, someone says a credit should show up "within 24-48 hours" and it NEVER DOES. 

This matter WILL NOT be resolved until we log into our Verizon account, in REAL TIME, and see that the $1,400 "past due" charge is GONE. 

I now have a phone call in to my own personal attorney as well as the State's Attorney for Maryland regarding this matter, in case this ends up affecting our credit report somehow.

How common is this issue?  Have a look below...

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Example 4

Example 5

Example 6

Example 7

Example 8

Perhaps there needs to be an investigation? 

We need to see immediate resolution with regard to this matter.

CM

0 Likes
Re: Verizon "Unreturned" Equipment Charge
montydad5000

UPDATE: Just got a phone call from someone in Verizon's "Presidential Escalation" department, who said they would email me confirmation that the credit has been posted and that nothing negative has been reported to the credit bureaus.

She said that, unfortunately, our statement doesn't cut until the 7th of the month so we may not see the credit until 8/7 (three weeeks from now).

Again, this matter will not be resolved until we log into our account and see that the $1,400 charge has been removed.  This should not take three weeks to rectify.  We will continue to live-Tweet until the situation has been resolved.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to see your case was resolved, montydad5000.

Please let us know if you have any other issues by posting on this public board.

Best,

Art

nohe427
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello monteydad5000,

Would you please provide me the contact information for the Verizon Executives since I seem to be having the same issue with Verizon at the moment and I appreciate the methods you took to resolve this issue.

Thank you!

montydad5000

Sorry to hear you're having the same trouble. Honestly, it will probably be different for you. I Googled something like "Verizon executives Maryland" & "Verizon Vice President Maryland." If I remember correctly, I also used LinkedIn to search for local execs.  Good luck!

0 Likes
hoooot

The same thing happened to me on my most recent bill. For technical reasons I needed an upgrade to my router. I followed instructions and promptly returned the old router.

I just rec'd a $99 fee on my most recent bill.

0 Likes