Verizon's Emergency Contingency Plans
moybob1

...we experienced outage due to Irene on Aug. 27/28 - no electric; no internet cable (Time Warner) and no phones (Verizon). By Wed. afternoon electric was back; by Thursday 9/1 cable and internet was back. As of 9/16 we still don't have phones w/ Verizon being our carrier. Attempting to register compaints on Verizon's web page was abysmal; a waste of time and I got "thrown off" several times after wasting 20 to 30 minutes attmeting to navigate the "simple" instructions. I am not  a Luddite and am familiar with reporting vis on the Internet - BUT on consumer friendly sites not on this dungeons'  and dragon debacle. I then tried calling the 1-800 number and listened to a meliflous computer voice telling me to be patient - after 45 minutes of elevator Muzak music I realized I had, once gain, fallen into a Corporate Black Hole. The saddest part of this whole debacle was there were 3 Verizon repair trucks on our road (less than 1.2 miles long). The repair folks were exteremly courteous, but informed us we were not on their repair list (this after 3 internet reports and 2 (finally) successful reports made on our "pay as you g"cell phones (can't wait to get that bill. To add insult to injury 2 of the lines they were fizixing were not Verizon customers - it seems Verizon is an outsourse provider for AT&T, Frontier, etc, etc, - phone cmpanies that do not maintain their own repair services. Makes us feel really good being loyal Verizon customers for 20 years - or maybe should just make us feel like fools. Everyone of our neighbors who have internet phones (which we've shied away from being loyal to Verizon) have has phone service since Aug 31st. There was a time in Coporate America where Consumer loyalty was ranked as a virtue - I guess those days are long gone - too bad!.

The one bright spot in this whole Verizon embarrassment is the calmness, professionalism and overall positive attitude of the poor Verizon reps dealing with frustrating clients. While ot able to resolve our issue, they listened; were courteous; and appeared truly concerned with our plight. Unfortuantely, based on history this group of knwledgeable, caring employees at the emergency call center will probably be replaced within 18 months to some offshore sweatshp call center whose employees are paid 30% of the wages paid to your citizens; and have no idea how to reslved or escalate an issue. Welcome to the Global economy, where service and nationalism take a back seat to Corporate profits; ludicrouse executive salaries and a Gulf Stream in every corporate parking lot....well done to the Verizon workers (far too few of them) who helped Ulster, Green, Sullivan and Delaware Counties and shame o n the "empty suits" who are responsible for strategic planing - enjoy Pebble Beach!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon's Emergency Contingency Plans
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Dungeons and Dragons? What does that have to do with the site? What do you have against D&D?

I believe I might be offended...

0 Likes