Verizon service was disconnected by Verizon by mistake and its taken forever to get anyone to help
carydf1

My 83 year old Mothers apartment has Verizon service....or should I say did have service. She went into the hospital for a few weeks and when she returned the service was suspended. We use the internet in her apartment for safety, security, and communications services.  Verizon supplied the internet services, TV and phone. We do not use the phone. According to Verizon personnel I spoke to on Sunday no one knows why the service was suspended.  We ported the number to another provider that provides safety systems for her. We replaced the number with Verizon so the account should not have been suspended. It was suspended regardless.  

Sunday and spoke to 10 or so people. Each person gave me a different story. Everything from our account was suspended because of credit issues to ... lord knows what. It was not a credit issue. We have auto pay and the card is valid. I was supposed to receive a call back TODAY from someone but no one called (surprise surprise) so I called back Verizon. After try the 800 verizon number... which is SALES ONLY.  I spoke with three more people until someone said that they would restore service within the hour (3pm eastern time). I received email and text to support their claim.  So at 5pm no service. So I called support from my Moms apartment. I could not get into the account without the account number so ....

I drove home and called again..... after two days on the phone talking to almost 20 people  I lost my temper with the first line rep today (who put me on hold for over 23 minutes) and finally I spoke with Kevin, a call center supervisor. Kevin would not give me any other information other than his first name.   He put me on hold again for a few minutes and finally after 4 or 5 hours total on the phone with finance/billing/tech support people Kevin finally told me that the account was suspended (he would not say why it was originally suspended so I assume someone at Verizon screwed up) and it was an “IT problem” that caused the hangup in restoring service today. Kevin would fill out a ticket to fix the issue and depending on when IT got around to figuring it out he would call me back ... to let me know that I can now sign up for new Verizon service.  Yeah!!! Nothing makes me happier than trying to negotiate with a sales person.  But Kevin felt like he could help and will call me if I could take the day off from work to be near the phone when he receives word that IT fixed the issue.  Kevin did not ask that I take the  day off only that I need to be able to to answer the phone since he can not text me (which I do not think is true). So if the problem is Verizon’s why should I have to take time from my day to fix it?  Is there anyone at Verizon who handles complaints? Is there anyone at the company with the authority to fix this without having me take time from my work?

More questions: Can I charge verizon for my time they are wasting. So far its been four hours wasted because of the Verizon error. 

Will Verizon let me get the same rate that I had before? Will I have to sign a two year contract? 

Kevin would not escalate the problem to his boss and I am disappointed. Is there somewhere to file a complaint? 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon service was disconnected by Verizon by mistake and its taken forever to get anyone to he
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi carydf1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes